1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halos or artifacts on 32fx65/66?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mandingo, Jan 23, 2003.

1. mandingo

mandingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, after several days of doubts, I've decided I'll buy either a Philips 32pw6506 or a Sony kv32fx65/66 (are there many differences?).

Apart from the money (philips->£600, sony->£800), I'm vey worried about the 100 Hz. subject.

Is the Sony image 'natural', without halos, artifacts, rare colorations, etc.? can football be watched without ball disappearing?

If there is any problem with the Advance 100 Hz digital plus, I'll go for the philips.

Any commentary will be very appreciated.

Thanks and regards from the Mediterranean

mandingo

2. NicktheNorse

NicktheNorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i was scared about the 100hz effects on football, but matches through sky are great - widescreen and as far as i can tell very little blurring. the ball certainly does not "disappear"...

3. mandingo

mandingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about scrolling texts? are they 'solid'? (for instance, bloomberg texts in the bottom of the screen)

Thanks!

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Slightly different model but I had the Philips pixel + and the ball was like a fuzz with a tracer attached not to mention the 'woolen' jumpers the players were wearing!!.......In fact the football watching experience was the worst I have ever seen on a TV and before all the p+ fans shoot me down this is only my opinion and I DID try every single possible setting this set had including double lines,100hz,pic control,sharpness the whole lot but,I had to back it as I really only watch footie on and the occasional movie so for me the set was useless.... I now own the Sony 32fx66 and footie is the dogs bits! well pleased:D

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    ryanos have i asked you how you got your picture setting set up and how you got sky connected etc? like rgb bla bla.

I am happy with my FX66 dvd play lovely most channel on sky are great. But I am still trying to get it right for football aswell as golf.

6. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3