halo3 legendary edition poll

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by kopchoir, Sep 14, 2007.

?
  1. i wouldn`t do it its a farce and would never pay over the odds

81.3%
  2. i want it and would be prepared to not pay over £100

13.5%
  3. im pretty keen on it and i would go to £150

2.1%
  4. i would pay almost over £200 to secure my helmet

5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    as the 26th looms most people are not going to get there pre orders for one thing or another and there already on ebay selling like wildfire with current bidding at £150 i was just wondering if you are unable to get one would you turn to ebay and fork out this kind of money.

2. CounterWhine

CounterWhine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Id like the extra disks, but the helmet? Nah!

3. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    Can't wait to put a glossy shine on my helmet.

4. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    have never played the halo series was always a sony man played the beta didnt like it hopefully playing with the avf lot i will get into it i have my helmet coming to i was jus staggered to find that people would pay so much for it hence the poll

5. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    Hmmm is this a "HAHA im getting a Legnedary edition and your not" thread :mad:

Im not bitter at all..... :rolleyes::(;)

6. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    guns of course not m8 i value everyones comments and honestly not like that at all m8, if i dont like halo3 i will sell it on these very forums for the price i paid for it with mr mabo getting first refusal so no i was just wondering what the sane people on here not the loonies on ebay would pay for it personally i wouldn`t pay over the asking price for it but thats me

7. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    I know mate im just jealous and bitter thats all, im slowly getting over the fact i wont have the Legendary edition, its all about the actual game now though :smashin:

8. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'll hold you to that.

On topic though, it really is a shame that so many are already appearing on Ebay before the game is even launched. This doesn't bode well for when it's actuallly out as there are likely to be a hell of a lot more on there.

The Wii launch was another that highlighted how much non-gamers figured they could make a quick buck by holding those who really wanted the product to ransome. The only thing that made me smile was when the PS3 was launched and you saw that some people who thought they'd make a killing by buying half a dozen couldn't shift them for love nor money. :D

Edit: One of my claps isn't working. Guess it must be "made in Britain".

9. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    you can hold me to it as i say never played halo series palyed about half an hour of halo2 didnt like the beta of halo3 i bought crackdown just for the beta sad i know but im a gears man and this is supposed to be the gears beater thats why i pre ordered it early and im a bit of a big kid and want every new release that comes out

10. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    I still haven't played Gears Of War yet. :eek: I keep meaning to pick it up as it can be found cheaply now but i find that if i don't get a game soon after it's launched i just lose interest. I really should at least try it.

11. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    I think £69.99 is the right price for this, I could not see myself paying more than this personally. Fingers crossed I'll actually get one though...

12. Crovon

Crovon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Of course I would pay almost over £200 to secure my helmet (if its safety was ever in question ;))
    but as for the Legendary edition, no I wouldnt pay more than the asking price.

13. SkilledNutter

SkilledNutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    If I could wear the helmet I might stretch an extra Tenner but all I really wanted was the Enhance Cut Scenes from the 1st two games.

Worst case scenario I will just leach them.

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    I have zero interest in the packaging and would pay no more than than the price of the standard game for it. At the end of the day, the game disc inside is the only thing i'm interested in. There's no way i'd shell out £60 or £70 for it and the ebay prices are just laughable IMO.

Halo's nothing like GOW to be honest. Halo is more akin to say Quake 3 or Unreal Tourney and is an FPS title. GOW is a TPS, cover based title and the only similarities between Halo and GOW is that they both have guns in them.

I'd also be surprised if they didn't release the Halo Saga in one big special LE set at sometime and I may consider dabling with that if it came out.

15. internetuser

internetuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I pre ordered this in march with game, HOPE it comes through, bit if people are paying £150 on ebay, it will be hard for me not to sell it.

its £80 profit.

I pre ordered it as it looked pretty cool, but that £80 extra is two or three new games before christmas I could not afford otherwise.

16. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74

At last some common sense :thumbsup:

I cant believe anyone would pay a penny more for a game just because it comes with a toy helmet :rolleyes:

17. SeeNoWeevil

SeeNoWeevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +874
    I don't think I'd even pay an extra fiver for the legendary edition, tacky rubbish if you ask me :thumbsdow

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    Indeed [email protected] It's comical really, talk about a licence to print money! If it was one of those helmets that you could wear and which does your voice in the style of the Master Chief then I could see it being worth it for some (not for me though I may add :D). At the end of the day it's just a fancy box though.

19. DaddyDee

DaddyDee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm not interested in the legendary edition edition at all. I have just pre-ordered the standard edition. I do get the odd limited edition from time to time if I'm really interested in a game, if it includes an Artwork book and maybe a making of type DVD or soundtrack. I wouldn't pay over the top for them though. 10-15 pounds more than the standard edition is all I would really want to pay. Mass Effect I'm hoping will have a pretty good Limited Edition, but if they start over pricing it and including a load of stuff I don't want then I wont bother.

20. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    I had my legendary edition semi confirmed by Gamestation 2 weeks ago. They have 74 pre orders and 70 in stock. They are having a midnight opening but I'm not going to be able to get there, so I'm picking it up on Wednesday morning. But I'm not that bothered about it really. I really just want the game. As long as i have that on the 26th that's what really matters.

21. Deadsquirrel

Deadsquirrel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

As far as i knew the Legendary Edition doesn't come with the Extra Discs all you get is the standard game in fancy Helmet packaging, i thought you only got the extra disc's in the Limited Edition (tin box version)

Can anyone confirm this?

22. Batch

Batch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
    Ratings:
    +200
    I'm pretty sure if does come with the extra disks.

23. Deadsquirrel

Deadsquirrel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my answer:

Product Description-Legendary Edition

The limited edition Legendary Edition will arrive in a highly collectible Spartan helmet case that no hardcore Halo fan should be without, along with two bonus disks full of additional content. The first disk will provide exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage and videos, including a high-definition Making of 'Halo 3' documentary showcasing the Bungie team and its effort to create the most anticipated title in the industry's history; numerous high-definition featurettes documenting the creative design processes involved in developing the game; and even a look at some early game concepts and their evolution through the game's development. The disk will also include an audio-visual calibration tool, never before seen on a video game and custom designed by the Halo 3 graphics and audio team to make the most of fans' high-definition home cinemas, for the ultimate Halo 3 and Xbox 360 audio and video performance.

The second bonus disk, an exclusive to the Legendary Edition, will include completely remastered cinematic material from Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, supplemented with developer commentaries, to provide a refresher course on the thrilling Halo story so far, and a featurette documenting a day in the life at Bungie. Exclusive content from the creative minds behind Machinima artists Red vs. Blue and This Spartan Life will also be included.

Finally, fans who purchase the Legendary Edition will receive an illuminating collection of original Halo 3 storyboard art from artist Lee Wilson, depicting key moments and pivotal scenes from the epic cinematic production of Halo

Product Description - Limited Edition

The Limited Edition will include a bounty of extras. Within a sleek metal collector's case, gamers will receive the first bonus disk found in the Legendary Edition, as well as a special "Halo" fiction and art book. A must-have for "Halo" collectors and a source of invaluable and exclusive information, the piece is an elaborate and compelling guide to the species and factions that inhabit the worlds of the "Halo" universe, with never-before-seen art and story that expand and illustrate the depth and breadth of the "Halo" fiction.

24. iceman666

iceman666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The Legendary Edition will be released in limited quantities and arrive in a highly collectible Spartan helmet case that no hardcore “Halo” fan should be without, along with two bonus disks full of additional content. The first disk will provide exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage and videos, including a high-definition “Making of ‘Halo 3'” documentary showcasing the Bungie team and its effort to create the most anticipated title in the industry's history; numerous high-definition featurettes documenting the creative design processes involved in developing the game; and even a look at some early game concepts and their evolution through the game's development. The disk will also include an audio-visual calibration tool, never before seen on a video game and custom designed by the “Halo 3” graphics and audio team to make the most of fans' high-definition home cinemas, for the ultimate “Halo 3” and Xbox 360™ audio and video performance.

The second bonus disk, an exclusive to the Legendary Edition, will include completely remastered cinematic material from “Halo: Combat Evolved” and “Halo 2,” supplemented with developer commentaries, to provide a refresher course on the thrilling “Halo” story so far, and a featurette documenting a day in the life at Bungie. Exclusive content from the creative minds behind Machinima artists “Red vs. Blue” and “This Spartan Life” will also be included.

Finally, fans who purchase the Legendary Edition will receive an illuminating collection of original “Halo 3” storyboard art from artist Lee Wilson, depicting key moments and pivotal scenes from the epic cinematic production of “Halo.”

25. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    Do you not own any ornaments or pictures then?

It's just another adornment to a room that people like to look at. Some old biddys buy decorative plates from the back of the Daily Mail and some game/film fans like to have a bit of memorabilia. It's no more strange than a vase.

26. MANGABOY

MANGABOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Well said! Its just a matter of taste end of the day. I mean I thought the Bioshock figurine looked pretty hideous, but some people really liked it. I think the Halo helmet would look pretty cool sitting on my desk. Im not going to be treating it like a 'toy' and try stickin it on ma head and pretend shootin aliens :rolleyes:

27. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398

It's not worth the extra money though. I'm not really a Halo fan but even if I was I wouldn't buy the Legendery edition as it's a total waste of money. Even the collectors edition is. If I was to buy the game I would just get the regular one. The only reason why MS are offering the three versions is because it's an easy way to make some extra money as they know a lot of the die hard Halo fans out there are gullible enough to spend the extra money for what is in essentially a few worthless extras. And before anyone starts flaming me this is my general personal opinion and not a dig at anyone particular. If people want to waste money on it then more power to them. After all it's their money. ;) :devil:

28. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    That's a bit harsh isn't it. Saying that those who buy a given product are simply gullible. Someone could say the same thing about any of the pieces of kit you've bought in your signiature. I'm sure there are people who may think that several of the pices aren't worthy of purchase but they wouldn't so blatantly say it to your face.

At the end of the day it's a product. If you don't want it, don't buy it, but please people stop saying that those who do want it are somehow foolish.

Moogle, can i ask how exactly it is "worthless" when it has actually gone up in value?

29. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +872
    Looking forward to getting mine, should go well with the Matrix/Star Wars and other film stuff I have already, there are some great examples in the Movie Memerobillia forum.

30. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    I keep forgetting there's a movie memorabilia forum. :rolleyes: I'll pop over and have a look now, ta. :smashin: