1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 matchmaking for uk gamers only! bye bye lag!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by chillo, Aug 12, 2005.

1. chillo

chillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If you also have had enough of being smacked down, fire mushy peas out of your shotgun, stickied and slashed just because your opponent see's you on-screen half a second before you see him.....

here is the answer, read this thread:
    Bungie thread

Join the Clan: DOT Realm

No screamers, or mouthy 10 year old yanks allowed!! :clap:

also interesting: lag and latency for dummies

bring on regionalised servers or some sort latency balancing :lease:
    check your latency by Xbox dashboard - Settings - Network -Connect - Press "Y" on your pad - read "L" for latency

also found this on bungie.net it cam from someone at bungie who wrote a lot of the network code:
    So the solution to your problem is that the people in your party with good connections (384kbps upstream or better) should do two things - make sure that their routers are configured properly (there is more information on the Xbox website about this), and build up a good hosting record by playing in lots of games, either ranked or arranged games, with lots of players.

If you want to make sure that a specific person builds up their host record, you can take advantage of the way that the networking model works and ensure that they build up a good background. Here's how to do it.

1. Select your host!

2. Make sure they have a good network connection. I personally have 640k SDSL but anything 384k or above should be sufficient. Cable modems are very variable and may be good but may also be sub-par.

3. Make sure they have a correctly configured router. Xbox.com has more information about this.

4. Make sure they have a good record of playing games to completion and not quitting out early.

5. Have them create a party of one and start a custom game. This will ensure that when the game starts they are the only person on the game, therefore they are the host.

6. Get 12-15 of your friends and join in progress to this game. Start playing.

7. Watch the network status indicators (on the scoreboard if you press BACK). They should start out at 1-2 bars and grow over time as the game adjusts the available bandwidth and discovers that your host has enough to handle the game.

8. Once the network indicators show that everyone is at full strength with 6 bars (or if the game has maxed out the available bandwidth and is not growing any further), you can end the game. Make sure the game lasts at least 5 minutes or it will not be recorded as a successful bandwidth measurement.

9. Have everyone leave the party and go back to stage 5.

If you repeat this procedure for 5-10 games, then you should have a lot of good bandwidth measurements for your host. This post just presents a recipe for how you can accelerate that process. It wouldn't be necessary except for the fact that we lost the bandwidth records. But it should let you work around this temporary problem.

2. unkle faz

unkle faz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    i joined up with these guys when this thread on bungie first started, its probably the only readon i still play this game! all the peeps are from britain, and they have some fun custom games set up. latencey isn't that noticeable at times, but if the party goes above 10 then expect some lag.

wardieboy (the creator of the thread on bungie) has his friend list full, and started this clan (i think, might have been chick chack), so he could have more ppl on his friendlist. and apparently oxm are doing an article on this clan over the next couple of months!!!

its amazing in the pre game lobby, no sceaming high pitched 6 years olds, normally its peace and quiet! shock horror!!!

so sign up quick as i'm not sure whats gonna happen when the clan is full!

3. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I used to play with Wardie and chik chack a lot until I got banned (didn't know what I was doing with a softmod :D ).

Now I enjoy a European only server through xlink kai. Great fun and don't usually get any lag. As long as you don't mind playing with Frenchies. :D

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Thats even worse!!!! at least with the americans they understand you when you tell em to four cough. God i hate the french, must be because we live so near to them a Faz :D

5. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Can some one tell me how to join the clan mentioned above.
    thanks.
    gamertag. Captain strike.