1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo2 live - what am i missing?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by scrapbook, Nov 13, 2004.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    A bit of a basic one this, so appologies in advance.

Been playing consoles/pc's for 20 years, had an xbox for a couple of years. Never even considered playing online before now.

Lots of chat about Halo 2 and XB Live at the moment that has stimulated an interest, soooooo what am i missing?

What is the format of the play? How does it all work? Is it just one person vs another

Fill me in please! :lease:

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    have you played unreal tournement - its like that.

utter mayhem, too short a lifespan.

cant stand it. aint going on halo 2 live ever again :(

its team v team for caputure the flag etc or person vs everybody else upto 16 players per game.

halo 2 online is not a patch on other online offerings - lots of issues with bungies first foray into live.

biggest disappointment for me is you cant play a co-op against the covenent. jeez thats the game for pity's sake. major oversight as far as I'm concerned.

3. Rawschach

Rawschach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    get online and get halo 2.

you can play any combination of vs out of the 16 players with numerous teams or every man for himself. numerous gametypes. great fun. had no problems at all getting into a game via friends lists but have heard it takes a few minutes from searching - apparently bungie are trying to resolve this.

brilliant game and brilliant online. is graham more of a rainbow six type?? i prefer halo :hiya:

4. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Absolutely love it. I have played about a dozen games now online and I haven't experienced one slight single bit of lag. Game is just soo smooth! Only downside is that it takes about 2-3 minutes to get a game on but the experience makes it worthwhile.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Basically what your missing is FUN. imo there is nothing better than getting hold of the Rocket Launcher and getting a lock on whatever Munkey(Boy) is driving a Ghost or Warthog and letting rip, for sheer enjoyment and laugh out loud moments, nothing gets close to Halo online. Alright it might get a bit frantic at times, but thats what alot of people want, if you prefer realism stick to Black Arrow, if you want a laugh with loads of possible game modes, Halo is the one for you. My personal preference on game mode is Single Capture the Flag as it does slow the game just a bit and requires co-operation with a few people if you want to win.

6. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    I've not forgotten that you :censored: :censored: !

7. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Played this for the first time online on Saturday, really enjoyed it, played with some guys from the forum. Its the first time ive really gone onto live without comming up against loads of American kids. Sounds stupid / obvious but the games are only as good as the people who you play them with, obviously peoples skill levels are different but there was no idiots or people being stupid. Ill certainly keep an eye out for everyone again although finding the time is difficult with my young son ruling our lives at the moment.

Just in case anyone is interested I had a few freinds round early on Saturday night, we had 4 xboxes and 7 people playing on xbox live all running on my 512 / 256 broadband connection in our own game :eek:

At one point a total of 10 people playing and we had no lag at all. I know thares a little messing around behind the scenes to do with the best connection / server thingies but none of us could believe that it was running at all let alone so smoothly and a couple of the guys playing have been on x box live a hell of a lot over the past few months.

:thumbsup: :clap:

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    :D :rotfl: :) :thumbsup: :rotfl: :D :) :thumbsup: :rotfl: :D :smashin:

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    Can't say I agree with this. Halo 2 is great online - I can get into games very quick (took me longer to get a game on PGR2 this morning and in the end the game I got into was full of French) and generally they run with little or no Lag. There are loads of variety in the levels & game types as well.

It is true that a game's only as good as the people you're playing with and the forum guys that I was on with last night made for a great game!

It's a really addictive & fun game - even when you're learning the game & getting killed every 2 seconds :D . I can see me spending a lot of time online with Halo 2!

10. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO, the biggest plus of Halo 2 online is the ranking system. No matter how crap you are at the game, optimatch will ensure that you've got a fair chance at any game, as it puts you in with other people of roughly the same level.

Have a couple off games? Well, it drops your level, and the next game is much easier, as you're in there with more rookies. And, as you progress in skill, so do your opponents.