1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO2 - legendary ending !!!!! **** Alert Spoiler ****

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by monkeyleader, Nov 16, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Again I say ***** SPOILER dont read on if you care *****

So its news on a number of sites but it looks like if you finish the game on legendary (how the heck - Im still battling my way through heroric (level 12) ) down at the bottom of the credits it says .... Coming 9th Feb .........

Hmm wonder what this could be - downloadable content for the live game ? Bungies next project, HALO3 on xbox2 ???

Also I understand that by playing it on heroric or legendary you get to unlock another level (that you dont get on normal) Anyone confirm this - and when it happens ?

Nige

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Would be cool if they get the next one out fairly sharpish , lets face it they've had a fair old amount of time to get two done. The story arc obviously intended another one at the outset.

3. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I completed the last level on legendary the other day to see if the crappy ending was fleshed-out a little more, but no, nothing had changed at all.

I must admit, I didn't see the "coming Feb 9th" tag at the end - probably too busy being angry - but I certainly wouldn't put it past Microsoft to put the last level (or two) as downloadable content only.

Whilst it would infuriate most players - live enabled or not - I think the temptation for MS will be too much to ignore. They're probably losing money hand-over-fist on LIVE, so it makes sense from a business POV.

I for one, will feel short-changed at having paid 100% retail price for only 90% of a game. I'm a die-hard Halo addict, but would I pay £40 for LIVE subscription and £20pm for broadband just to get it? Probably not.

No doubt they'll be releasing the "expansion pack", priced at £19.99, for those poor souls without broadband :(

If this all sounds a little too "certain", then forgive me. Its just that I'll be amazed if MS don't do this.

DT

P.S. Oh those :censored: Jackal snipers on legendary are the most infuriating mother :censored: ever put in a video game. If I ever meet one in real-life, I'm going to rip its eyes out!

It's just not good A.I. , it's lazy programming. I mean, their response time is ridiculous! From seeing a single hair on my body, to aiming, firing and killing me - the whole process takes about 3 nanoseconds. Why can't the Master Chief see through walls as well?

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,968
    Yeah Legendary is a bit too much for me at the moment. I'm new to Halo but I find Heroic to be a nice difficulty level. It's tough enough not to infuriate and it plays a decent game.

I too would be surprised if they didn't bring out an expansion pretty soon. They will probably let the excitement over the initial release die down & releasing around the 9th Feb (3 months after the initial date) sounds about right.

5. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    must be just me then - i am finding that 'normal' level is challenging enough!

I did start on heroic but struggled big time on level one. i may return when i complete the game on normal

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,968
    I know what you mean - i'm only on the bit on level 2 where you clear the beach, playing on Heroic - took me a while last night doing the the first bits through all the buildings with the snipers. Good fun though and I kept gradually progressing.