Halo2 backward compatability problem

Barry the Brave

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought Halo 2 yesterday, and when I put it in my 360, the single player campain played fine. Howwever when I tried to go online it said I need to download an update. I okayed the update, and it says that this game isnt compatible with my vga cable, as it can't display pal 50.

I know there is a general problem with vga cables, but according to this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Halo2 is compatable with VGA cables. And as I said I can play it in single player. Does anyone know what's going on?

I bought Halo 2 yesterday, and when I put it in my 360, the single player campain played fine. Howwever when I tried to go online it said I need to download an update. I okayed the update, and it says that this game isnt compatible with my vga cable, as it can't display pal 50.

Halo2 is compatable with VGA cables. And as I said I can play it in single player. Does anyone know what's going on?

its somethng like you have to hook up the 360 over an SD connection ( the composite cable for example) let it update and then you should be able to go with the VGA.

Its a known problem mate, the game itselfs works fine through VGA but the updater doesnt and you will need to connect using composite to get the update but once done you we be able to go back to VGA.

Thats good news I thought Id have to switch cables every time I wanted to go online, which would mean a hasty refund at game. Cheers guys.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I missed the whole Halo boat and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting now for online action?

I love a good shooter , COD3 online CTF is great fun etc.

Is it for me?

Ta

Slim

Sorry to hijack the thread but I missed the whole Halo boat and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting now for online action?

I love a good shooter , COD3 online CTF is great fun etc.

Is it for me?

Ta

Slim

Depends on the type of shooter you prefer, if you like "twitch" shooters like Unreal Tournament and Prey then youll probably love it, but if you more into your "tactical" shooters like GRAW or R6 it might not be your bag.

Personally i love it but then thats just my opinion. The matchmaking is sublime and its still heavily populated online.

However at £4 preowned can you really go wrong?

Well Ive not played it online yet, but you can get it pretty cheap now, and seeing as halo 3 is coming out I thought Id find out what al the fuss is about. I think Halo2 is still near the top of the xbox live list, only pushed off by GOW if I'm right.

In the time it took me to answer that Guns lots of guns gave a better answer.

The harder difficulty levels force you to be more tactical. Halo is a waste if you play it on less than Heroic level . However play it on Heroic or Legendary and I'd say its the best shooter we've seen.

my halo two works fine. it can be to do with hoew you have your xbox visual setup, u no youhave to change it to mod try that m8. i have the normal cable and the hd cable and it works fine.

my halo two works fine. it can be to do with hoew you have your xbox visual setup, u no youhave to change it to mod try that m8. i have the normal cable and the hd cable and it works fine.

The problem is only present when using VGA, not the Composite or Component Cable.

Yeah As soon as I get back from work (11 o clock tonight) I'll switch cables to udpate it. Sounds like I shouldnt have a problem after that.

Will this be a problem when downloading the new Halo 2 maps in a couple of weeks then?

Will this be a problem when downloading the new Halo 2 maps in a couple of weeks then?

Youll have to change to a lead other than the VGA lead in order to download the new maps.

The reason this happens is because the Xbox content downloader is 50 Hz only irrespective of the game itself being 60 Hz compatible and the VGA cable is 60 Hz only. You will come across this issue every time you want to download Xbox game content/updates or try to play an Xbox game that is 50 Hz only. Hopefully Microsoft will enable 50 Hz compatibility with the 360's VGA output.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom