Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I have been holding off playing through the collection hoping they will be 4K and HDR Enhanced.

I thought this was worth sharing, but not in its own thread, a Halo arcade game:

I have been holding off playing through the collection hoping they will be 4K and HDR Enhanced.

I played through all campaigns not too long ago.
It all seems to run a lot better. Even H4 which I had serious issues with around launch.
I still got the “press RT to fire machine gun” incorrect prompt when fighting the Didactic at the end, though.

Glad to hear it runs ok but still holding out for that 4K and HDR patch.

Just went into my Games & Apps to find an update waiting for the MCC. It's 73.70 GB, so at that size I assume it's the X Enhanced update.

I think it’s replacing the entire game, must have changed so much that a patch just wouldn’t cut it.

Just went into my Games & Apps to find an update waiting for the MCC. It's 73.70 GB, so at that size I assume it's the X Enhanced update.

Downloading the new update atm :clap:.

Thanks for the heads up :smashin:

Oh man. The matchmaking is so quick now, in every playlist I tried. If only it had been like this at the beginning.

Definitely getting dumped in US servers regularly though. It is super noticeable, especially in Halo:CE. I'm being dropped in what seems like a micro-second and two hits, yet find it almost impossible to even pop a shield myself even when getting the first few shots off. When you finally get a Euro server, the relief is palpable.

Also a big problem at the moment is that everybody is starting at the same skill level, making for some seriously unbalanced matches. Just came off a game of Halo:CE 2v2. We got beat 50-26, and 47 of those winning points were scored by the same guy - obviously someone who has played the game a bit. And I can hold my own at Halo 5, so not exactly new to the franchise. Better fix that soon or I can see it driving a lot of new players away.

Can see me spending a bit more time with this again (although 5 is clearly the best ;))

Anyone want to go through these coop? Was going to play split screen with my girlfriend but only made it past the first level and it made her feel ill with motion sickness :facepalm:

Anyone want to go through these coop? Was going to play split screen with my girlfriend but only made it past the first level and it made her feel ill with motion sickness :facepalm:

This is late but if the offer is still there I'd like to do coop. I'm notoriously bad at Halo games and I need someone to do this with.

I'll co-op with folk if anyone needs a partner, Halo CE & 2 are 2 player co-op and 3, 4 & ODST are 4 player iirc.

Anyone tried the Composer matchmaking thing yet? You choose the gametypes, game size and games you want and it finds matches for you. No more objective if you don't like that/no more Halo 4/action sack only etc. It's pretty great.

I only ever seem to fire up MCC when there's a TrueAchievements challenge on and I'm trying to find an easy-to-pop achievements that starts with a certain letter, or whatever else the challenge might be! I really ought to give it a proper playthrough, despite never really "getting" the whole Halo thing.

Looks like the Reach campaign is free if you're a Game Pass subscriber (paid DLC otherwise), which is good news. I seem to remember enjoying the the campaign many moons ago.

I used to love playing through the Halo campaigns in co-op, particularly Halo: CE split-screen on the Xbox. Finally, all the campaigns playable in co-op over Live, me and a friend's dream years ago, and he still hasn't bought the MCC yet and we find our play time going into more recent releases.

Reach (and ODST) are the only Halo games I've not played, so having them all in one place finally gives me reason to try them :smashin:

Nice time to release as the Infinite gets nearer(ish...I'm expecting holiday 2020)

So Reach is coming to Master Chief Collection in a couple of weeks.
Just under £4.
One thing I don't understand.
ODST was only a 10MB download and so is Reach, and these are whole games which were around 5-7GB on Xbox360.
How are they such a small file, smaller in fact than the Grunt Funeral thing(skull?) which is 10.8MB?

Just under £4.
ODST was only a 10MB download and so is Reach, and these are whole games which were around 5-7GB on Xbox360.
How are they such a small file, smaller in fact than the Grunt Funeral thing(skull?) which is 10.8MB?

The actual games are much bigger (ODST was around 8Gb when it was released in 2015) I think those 10mb downloads are just the license keys and the Master Chief install will receive an update containing the game, it just won’t be accessible without the additional key.

Just under £4.

Like said above. You'll prob be downloading a much bigger update when that arrives. The tiny update will just be the key to unlock the content you've downloaded.

Most games do that these days.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom