Halo: Reach Noble [email protected]$ters *Part 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LeeDenton

:eek: Part 2 already?!??!?!

Part 1 is here.

Following on from the hugely popular Halo 3 Top Gun [email protected]$ters thread, I thought I'd better open the doors on the Halo: Reach Noble [email protected]$ters thread.

In here we'll be discussing all manner of good things: changing gamertags to reflect our commitment to the Reach Noble team, arranging games, posting pics of awesomeness, and all round Halo: Reach chit chat.

The floor is yours :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Goodgun

Ha! No you didn't! You did a H3Forum-esque "edit when done," Lee! For shame. :smashin:

Bowders

New daily challenges are up:

More than a Handful
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
750cR

On Tilt
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Tilt Skull on.
500cR

Multiplier
Earn 5 multikills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
1200cR

Oops! All Kills
Earn 7 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking.
777cR

Bowders

In a SINGLE game?

Holy crap that's a tough one! Unless you somehow manage to a killtrocity... :eek:
Yeah, does seem a bit crazy.

Will go for the campaign one as that will take me to 50 completed daily challenges done. May do the 77 multiplayer kills but I'm out most of the evening so might let that go.

Billy Goodgun

Will go for the campaign one as that will take me to 50 completed daily challenges done. May do the 77 multiplayer kills but I'm out most of the evening so might let that go.
Maybe it's because I'm still adjusting, but I've found multikills much harder to come by in Reach than in Halo 3 as a general rule. To demand five in one game just seems ridiculous! I'm guessing, though, that an overkill (for example) would count as three multikills: double kill medal, triple kill medal, overkill medal. So a ridiculously good game and it's possible, I suppose, but I can't see how it's something you can play for.

1LeeDenton

In a SINGLE game?

Holy crap that's a tough one! Unless you somehow manage to a killtrocity... :eek:

Would earning 5 x Double Kills be sufficient??

1LeeDenton

Believe so.
In that case, head over to SWAT, bag yourself a Triple Kill (1 x Double, 1 x Triple), then a few more Double Kills and its job done. Still sounds like a tough one though, even for someone with my demonic SWAT powers :devil:

Oh, and before Gray (or anyone else for that matter) chips in, that's DEMONIC, not Dominic :smashin:

Bowders

Maybe it's because I'm still adjusting, but I've found multikills much harder to come by in Reach than in Halo 3 as a general rule. To demand five in one game just seems ridiculous! I'm guessing, though, that an overkill (for example) would count as three multikills: double kill medal, triple kill medal, overkill medal. So a ridiculously good game and it's possible, I suppose, but I can't see how it's something you can play for.
Maybe if you went crazy with throwing sticky grenades all over the place, but there's always the chance in team games of accidental betrayals (especially when I'm playing :D).

Possibly could be done in rumble pit like you said with an amazing game.

EEC3

Yeah that's doable in a good game of SWAT. 1 triple and a few doubles.

Shame I suck at this game. I mean really suck! See Bungie.net for further details :(

Billy Goodgun

Suck at Reach or SWAT? I'm certainly useless at SWAT, although it hasn't helped that every connection on SWAT I've had has wavered between red and yellow ping :rolleyes: I got four or five assists on one game - on SWAT, ***!

I got quite a few multi-kills on a game of Big Team Territiories on Boardwalk, but I've only played Big Team territories once. Was good fun, though - absolute carnage!

kopchoir

Banned
Yeah it has to be 5 multi medals so an overkill and a double won't work have had 4 in loads of games today just couldn't nail the 5th I'm on now if anyones about

Billy Goodgun

Yeah it has to be 5 multi medals so an overkill and a double won't work have had 4 in loads of games today just couldn't nail the 5th I'm on now if anyones about
Er... an overkill and a double won't work because that's still only four medals. :rolleyes: There's no multikill medal awarded for the first kill of an overkill, because it's just one kill!

Double kill, triple kill, overkill, then another separate double kill = 4 multikill medals, not five. :p

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
In other news, I'm sad to have to report the demise of the Halo Reach Moaning thread. I for one feel like a piece of me went missing with that thread :hiya:

#RIPHaloReachMoaningThread
I think Guns has something planned for its return. Its obviously has a purpose but I just wanted to try calm things down a little. Watch this space :thumbsup:

1LeeDenton

I think Guns has something planned for its return. Its obviously has a purpose but I just wanted to try calm things down a little. Watch this space :thumbsup:
Thanks Steve :thumbsup: Though can I be perhaps the first to wonder what IS the point of a 'moaning thread' [apart from the rather obvious titular clue]?? Surely no matter what format they're going to end up as an argument??

Last edited:

jason g

Distinguished Member
In a SINGLE game?

u can get one in firefight on courtyard with the target locator.

In that case, head over to SWAT, bag yourself a Triple Kill (1 x Double, 1 x Triple), then a few more Double Kills and its job done. Still sounds like a tough one though, even for someone with my demonic SWAT powers :devil:
for the 7 multikills just do gruntpocolypse and get a double kill, get killed, repeat...

shame, i wanted to ask if anyone had noticed players being able to do some sort of charge melee, it's like the energy sword lunge attack, seems more and more frequent too.

bearman3784

Thanks Steve :thumbsup: Though can I be perhaps the first to wonder what IS the point of a 'moaning thread' [apart from the rather obvious titular clue]?? Surely no matter what format they're going to end up as an argument??

Saying that, I for one am hoping this doesn't spell the end of moaning threads in general.....I've got plenty of fun planned around November time :smashin: My working days are gonna fly by.....
the point of a moaning thread is to grumble about a games shortcomings and annoyances, keping it seperate from clogging up P&H threads and constant new threads appearing with seperate moans in them, which should work well (see 4 threads in the cod section as an example)
the only time arguements occur is if slightly blinded fanboys see everything as taking the **** rather than a differing opinion

kopchoir

Banned
Er... an overkill and a double won't work because that's still only four medals. :rolleyes: There's no multikill medal awarded for the first kill of an overkill, because it's just one kill!

Double kill, triple kill, overkill, then another separate double kill = 4 multikill medals, not five. :p
You know what i meant kind of thing what yeas trying to say is I think it has to be in separate occasions although I can't see why your method won't work

bearman3784

shame, i wanted to ask if anyone had noticed players being able to do some sort of charge melee, it's like the energy sword lunge attack, seems more and more frequent too.
maybe they are using sprint? i know i do a kamikazi sprint melee lunges alot to get 'all up in their grill' :D

scanz

the point of a moaning thread is to grumble about a games shortcomings and annoyances
There's this and then there's just complete bashing.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

Saying that, I for one am hoping this doesn't spell the end of moaning threads in general.....I've got plenty of fun planned around November time :smashin:
Ill take that one Lee.

I would hope that any user could come into these forums and express a negative opinion in a constructive manner and be able to engage in a decent converstaion whilst doing so, i agree some of the posts havent been constructive on either side.

But this doesnt mean the conversation shouldnt happen, some people (like myself) enjoy that constructive converstion and have the ablilty to take part without taking it personally of degenrating into a slanging match.

Its part of why i joined AVF, conversations were more rational than on your average gaming board, honestly the now closed moaning thread just makes me disappointed in our community as i believe we are truly better than that.

I may yet reopen/respawn it as i think there is a legitmate reason for it to exist, if only to keep other threads free of the "moaning" as long as people can keep it civil and not take it all so seriously, were meant to enjoy these things for god sake!

Last edited:

1LeeDenton

Which is EXACTLY the point I'm making Jase [thanks mate, right on cue that was]. Here, we have an example of a genuine query......someone who's asking the question of other AVF community members whether they'd noticed something going on in a particular game. Therefore, I'd imagine JPG will get a reasoned and factual reply. Job done. Nice community.

Now, on the flip side, an example of how this question COULD have been asked/highlighted in the moaning thread follows forthwith:

"Hey, I'm sick of this Halo Reach game, its utter carp. Every game I play its laggy as frick, I keep getting killed all the time, and now to top things off on this steaming pile of 5-finger-shuffle, people are doing some weird glitch where they can melee from halfway across the map!!!! I mean what's that all about. Frickin useless game!!! Mine's getting traded in. Never should have bought this garbage in the first place!!!!!! Hate it!!!! Its rubbish!!!!! Roll on Fifa 11 coming out on Friday, that's what I say"

In answer to your original query, I don't have the answer Jase, but I'm sure one of my fellow AVF members may enlighten you :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.