Halo/Halo 2 on 360

stoomc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am aware that both of these work but can someone tell me if Halo supports 60hz? I am aware that Halo 1 does not.

Are both of the games widescreen?
Last question, on Halo 2 you can download maps etc...can you still do the downloading via the 360, or do you have to buy the maps expansion set?

Thanks for the help :)

P.S I done a search on the forums but couldnt find anything on this subject.

Yes to all. It's widescreen, 60hz and you can download the maps. All free of charge now too.

That's brilliant...didnt know the maps were free so that is an added bonus. Glad to hear it is in widescreen, wasn't too keen on the black bars down either side.

Thanks again :)

The Original Halo was only in 4:3 on my 360 (but Widescreen on my original Xbox).

A number of the maps are free but there was another map pack release earlier this year which was not and I could seem to join a game unless I bought the new map pack... (I haven't attempted multiplayer for a wee while so this may have changed.)

Also Halo 1 doesn't work on VGA. HAlo 2 does work on VGA but if you need to download maps or do a game update VGA doesn't work.

One thing that puts me off playing Halo2 more - everytime I go to play it seems to have a game update and i need to get my component cables out.

The Original Halo was only in 4:3 on my 360 (but Widescreen on my original Xbox).

A number of the maps are free but there was another map pack release earlier this year which was not and I could seem to join a game unless I bought the new map pack... (I haven't attempted multiplayer for a wee while so this may have changed.)

The most recent map pack has been free for a couple of months now.

cool, how do you download it? I remember when it was released that it couldn't be downloaded from the 360 marketplace. Is this right?

Also Halo 1 doesn't work on VGA. HAlo 2 does work on VGA but if you need to download maps or do a game update VGA doesn't work.

One thing that puts me off playing Halo2 more - everytime I go to play it seems to have a game update and i need to get my component cables out.

I agree, Anoying eh? :mad:

The game update via VGA is fine now as it actually does that as if it were a 360 title. The map downloads still won't work however. Not sure why they fixed one but not the other, but hey.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom