Halo Director Announced

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by EDDS, Aug 9, 2006.

1. EDDS

EDDS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Are you busy in the summer of 2008? Because someone, somewhere, is getting in line right now to buy a ticket to the motion picture adaptation of Halo®. This exciting project, which will be produced by geek gods and Academy Award® winners Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh under their WingNut Films banner for Universal Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox, has finally announced a director.

The Halo motion picture will be helmed by Neill Blomkamp, making his feature film debut. Blomkamp is widely regarded as one of the most innovative and original artists currently working in short films and commercial advertising. Halo will be distributed domestically by Universal and internationally by Fox. Visual effects, miniatures, and creature design and creation will all be handled by Jackson's award-winning Weta Digital Ltd. and Weta Workshop, Ltd., most recently known for their Oscar-worthy work on The Lord of the Rings films.

Source - Xbox.com

2. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I am not liking the sound of it in 2008 along with the fact that I remember reading that the movie will not be entirely be based on how the games are...

3. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    :clap: I can't wait, mainly because Peter Jackson is involved along with Weta.

Who cares when it's released, if it's a patch on any of Jacksons former projects it's gonna be incredible. Not to mention that Jackson is well known for trying as hard as possible to remain faithful to original storylines e.t.c.

Wooot!

4. Anotherlimey

Anotherlimey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +930
    Some people want everything NOW and then moan when its not right due to being rushed :cool:

5. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    few movies are based exactly on their source material.some suffer from this and some gain so lets wait and see.but if jackson is involved so heavily then im sure it will be good.
    for me,i hope that they stick with masterchiefs voice from the games.it doesnt work for me when they alter important things like that for movies.

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    Oh well that is a surprise, it really isn't like you not to like the sound of something now is it? :rolleyes:

7. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    :rotfl:

Finish him! :smashin:

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    Jackson is an executive producer on this . Executive producer is a vanity title probably because he owns about 1/3 of Weta and probably helped get the production some reduced rates for NZ facilities and crew .

The credit "Executive Producer" doesn't actually mean very much ...it does usually signify one thing however...this person had practically nothing to do with actually making the film.

And Weta have got nothing in on Halo at the moment ...not even pre-vis as far as I'm aware ( as of 3 weeks ago anyway). Given the overheads that Weta have and the considerable hassle most productions regard working in NZ represents its more than possible they will o the way of Manex and ESC ( Matrix and Matrix2 and 3 respectively) ...top of the game one year ....bankrupt the next.

And bear in mind that 99% of the artists employed by Weta are freelance and work at every other effects company at some point . I have three ex-Weta employees sitting next to me at the moment. Always makes me laugh when people bray about how great such and such an effects company is when in reality they've normally rotated their entire staff a year later. The industry doesn't work like the premier league.

9. ThePiousFlea

ThePiousFlea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I honestly can't remember the fine details but it was pointed out a week or two ago several Weta employees now mention Halo work on their CVs, or something to that effect.

Whether this means anything solid or not is anyone's guess.

10. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    Nah i was speaking to the head of a department a couple of weeks ago ....nothing on Halo yet.

11. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Could have been worse guys!!

it could have been Uwe Boll, the computer game to movie Grim Reaper!

12. andytabor

andytabor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  13. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Aint it Cool News have just run an interview with Blomkamp. Interesting reading.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24139