Halo 4 Play & Help Thread Part 2

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discussion continued from here!

Looks like Microsoft have struck again, Castle Map Pack available to download yet if you have the season pass it is not showing up when you start the game.

Edit: From around 1:30pm, the Castle Map Pack is now available for season pass holders to download.

Last edited:
I haven't played Halo multiplayer for a couple of weeks, so am giving the Castle DLC playlist a go. It's good to see host advantage is still strong in Halo. :rolleyes:

Why can't we see CSR in the game/lobby? The ****...

Why can't we see CSR in the game/lobby? The ****...

UI problems apparently. This has been debated at length over on the waypoint forums, and 343 have said that it won't be visible in game, so you have to check the CSR in your waypoint profile. Seems daft to me, but I understand they wanted to stop account boosters and receiving abuse because of your rank so they don't want it to be visible in game. However, I don't see why they couldn't have made in visible only to you on your in game profile.

Last edited:
I want to know what my teammates CSR is though. I can view myself in Waypoint on my PC monitor immediately to the left of my XBOX screen but I still struggle to find out what rank other people are. 343 must be treating it purely as a matchmaking statistic, but I always loved seeing it in the lobby next to the SR. Or even just if you click on their Player Profile.

Where is the competitive incentive if you still can only see the worthless SR. Ah well, at least it is there.

What is CSR?

What is CSR?
The competitive skill rank; 1-50 ranking that goes up/down based on win/losses and pitches you against similarly levelled members. It's fun to see it in-game though, but it isn't there. Only on Waypoint.

Ah, I thought that was coming later in the month. I had a discussion with a group of people yesterday when we where boosting achievements nd one of them thought 343 where going to go to 2000G and I thought perhaps an additional 250G would come as an update for CSR like in Halo 3 where you had to get to the new rank etc.

BS Angel tweeted asking what your highest CSR was and in what playlist. I replied to her and Halo Waypoint asking where you find your CSR.

CSR = Can't See Ranks

IjjWO1J.gif

Are the new maps any good? I might fire up Halo 4 this weekend to see how the ranks are working out.

Edit: You can check your CSR from individual playlists here, seems a lot simpler than Waypoint.

Edit 2: This seems like a good site too, both work fine on mobiles too for checking Ranks between games.

Last edited:
Wish they would take out the DMR already, the BR is fine but I hate how Halo has turned from close-quarters fun gameplay to long-range headshot fests.

After spending a few hours on the new maps I'm finding them a bit boring and unbalanced, such as King of the Hill where it's possible for one team to have a Wraith and Mantis. I got the last Achievement I was going for, so can skip these maps now.

Played about 6 games yesterday and had a blast; haven't enjoyed it that much for a long time. Played a load of Big Team Slayer and some Action Sack - loved it. Mainly because I played well mindst :p

I still wish CSR was in the game but it isn't hard for me to load up Waypoint - shame they aren't something you can show off without asking someone to find you on Waypoint which can be a ballache.

They should be slowing down kill times not speeding it up. Halo isn't and never should be a Call of Duty clone. The long-range rifles have changed the game from short-mid range fun to long-range camping feasts and it's irritating as hell to know that 343i can't see this or ignore it because they want to have as many fans as CoD.

They should have increased kill times for the long-range weapons slightly and made the other weapons more potent.

It's good that they have made the other weapons slightly stronger but now at short-range people will be killed quicker so it will still have an adverse effect. I'd rather the rest stay the same and the long-range weapons take longer ever so slightly so you can still get up close more often.

To be honest, the DMR and Lightrifle should be taken out and the carbine balanced to be the same as the battle rifle. I remember in H3/2/CE you would always see even on big maps battles taking place at a short-range with maybe a sniper causing problems from a distance. Those were the days.

Making the best of the situation I'll see what the carbine and BR are like and try to use them more often. The DMR is still OP though.

Last edited:
In theory I like the sound of proposed changes. To get a visual demonstration and helpful kill time stats check out this vid...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxfXkJ8Y8ng]The Halo Headlines | Weapon Balancing Details Breakdown [4 Shot BR Returns!] - YouTube[/ame]

Doesn't sound bad :)

Anybody know the rough eta of these changes?

Doesn't sound bad :)

Anybody know the rough eta of these changes?

No ETA given and it's all still subject to change so anyone's guess really. One good thing is that we do not need to wait for a patch to be given the all clear as these changes can be updated live over the H4 matchmaking server. Hopefully that will not bring it's own host of problems. :suicide:

Anyone for some CSR games this afternoon / evening?

Gt: bobmeister2k

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom