Halo 3 Limited Ed. 360 Console Questions...

Wiggins

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've currently got a standard white premium 360 which I've owned from launch and has never had any problems (touchwood). I'm in the market for a tv upgrade (bigger size/ higher spec model etc) and have been considering an upgrade to an elite 360 at the same time, mainly to take advantage of the hdmi output. Then I started seeing the pics of the halo 3 ltd ed. 360. I see it comes with an hdmi output as well. The only place taking preorders though is Game online. Apart from the fact I like the look of the console casing there is the added bonus of it being cheaper than the elite model. The only thing I can't seem to find out though is what about the optical audio output? I understand the elite come with a dongle allowing you to output via an optical lead at the same time as using the hdmi output. Does anyone know if this dongle will come with the halo 3 console?

The halo 3 xbox 360 is basically a new hdmi premium which as far as i know doesn't come with hdmi lead or optical out adaptor, i may be wrong there, but if i was you i'd consider the elite as it has all the leads and the 120gb hdd as standard, otherwise you'll be paying out £120 for the bigger hdd later on.

Hmmm, I suppose you have a point there. I'll perhaps hold off until it becomes clearer just what the new film/ tv download service consists of. Want to make sure I'm going to actually need a bigger hard-drive first. Anyone any idea when it is starting in the UK?

According to the guy on the e3 clips on xbox live, it should be in the next couple of months, video downloads aside, it's worth the extra space for new content for games and xbl arcade games.

Hmmm, I suppose you have a point there. I'll perhaps hold off until it becomes clearer just what the new film/ tv download service consists of. Want to make sure I'm going to actually need a bigger hard-drive first. Anyone any idea when it is starting in the UK?

Apparently the video market place is going to start in November barring any delays.

Regards the console I suspect that with the new Premiums with HDMI as well as the Halo 3 special editions the HDMI cable and the dongle will be optional. Infact I seem to recall reading somewhere what comes with the Halo 3 special edition and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with the HDMI cable or the AV dongle.

the halo 3 xbox will come with the optical adaptor as it is the only
way of connecting the lead the same as a elite

the halo 3 xbox will come with the optical adaptor as it is the only
way of connecting the lead the same as a elite

Do you have a link to somewhere that confirms that ?

It'd be mad for MS to leave that out TBH.

Why ? None of the specs so far of the contents mention either an HDMI cable or an AV dongle. As long ass they are available as options they don't need to include them. It ships with the standard component/composite combo cable which is sufficiant to get sound and video. The HDMI is more of an option unlike on the Elite.

As above, the Halo 3 Ltd Ed 360 is simply one of the new HDMI equipped Premiums with a spray job - even though it's listed as "grey" it still looks like someone's dropped it in a cow pat.

Better off with the Elite mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom