1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 xbox live - I CAN'T WIN !!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by staro, Jun 17, 2005.

1. staro

staro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been playing halo 2 on Xbox live for 2 weeks now. I bought Halo and Halo 2 on thier release dates and have played extensively. Despite this, When playing Halo 2 live, I can't hit a blinkin' thing. I can dual-wield 2 assult rifels into someone's back and they apparently turn around, hit me with a few bursts of a plasma gun, and i'm finished! I come last on every game finishing with 4 kills say, when an Yank kid gets 29. I'm 30 odd! I'm sure they're not that much better than me. I play through a Blueyonder 1 meg line. Connection ranges from green, to red on some games but irrespective, I still lose every one-on-one. Should I just give up? Do they see things a second before we do due to the distance? What????

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Sounds like lag? yanks think they are great but they have the advantage over us with the lag. If we did'nt get lag we would own them, i used to own them anyway. ;)

Have you got many people on your friends list? if so get some custom games going and you will all be even then you should see your skills shine, if you have any? :D :smashin:

3. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    hi m8 don't worry i'v been playing for 7 months now and still never won :hiya:

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'm glad its not just me! :blush:

We should start a 'If you're crap at Halo 2' thread so we can build up a handicapped friends list.No Yanks!

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

5. staro

staro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Glad it's not just me. Bungie should consider allowing us to just connect to a UK/Eurpoean server rather than America only.

6. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    You could give a tunnelling app like KAI (www.teamxlink.co.uk) a go and play system link. Plenty of European only games on there, and a range of abilities.

I lose most matches on Halo2, but have managed the odd win. Steer clear of the rooms with clans in, those guys are too good!

7. rb5201

rb5201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    If you play against yanks they will always win as they do have the advantage of lag meaning they will get a shot in a split second before you. Try joining a uk clan, theres a clan I play with, all uk players, all about 30ish, various skill levels, but no-one that good, and they dont care if you are rubbish either, in fact there motto is "die laughing"!!!

Look on the official xbox website for more details.

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I never get any lag really. The odd game maybe 1 game in 10. Part of the problem is there are a lot of very good people playing the game. Its all that some kids seem to do :rolleyes:

I go on with my friends most nights for an hour or so and have been doing so since launch. But without my mates (And sometimes with them) I can get really badly beaten.

We tend to win as many games as we loose. Its imperative that you only play with people you know that have a decent handle of the game if you are going on match making. Otherwise no chance. But you will find this with most games.

If you cant get enough people together play a custom game with your mates. My tips :

- Stay with your team mates and link up with them after you are killed. People that win always do this. 2 - 1 or 3 - 1 will always prevail all things being equal.

- Learn the maps (Spend some times going round and working out where all the weapons are and best places to hide and ambush) If you can do this with the people you are going to play with so much the better, If you have tactics and a plan you have a much much better chance of winning.

- Duck when moving near enemy : you have a much better chance of killing them if they dont see you comming on the motion sensor.

- Remember melee is king ; I get at least half my kills with Melee hits. If you get behind someone, its one hit one kill ; if you melee them whilst they are reloading in battle and have already done some damage with your primary weapon they wil almost always die.

- Use your grenades ; Bungie tweaked hit damage for grenades and melee in the last update. Direct or indirect hits with grenades are almost always fatal.

- Know when to pick a fight ; if you see 2 / 3 enemy comming towards you (either line of sight or motion sensor) you have two options ; Hide and ambush them, you might kill one, (one death one kill should be your basic aim iin the game) or run for your life. Winning on Team Slayer is all about your score averages and your contibution to the team. You are better off with 3 deaths 3 kills than 10 kills and 20 deaths. It seems obvious but many people playing still dont seem to understand this.

- Stick with what you know. Pick your favourite game type and stick to it. The main reason for doing this is thats its what everyone else does. I tend to play team slayer and I`m OK at it. If I go on Team Skirmish or big team battle I find it much more difficult. It tends to be different levels I am not as used to and different game modes require different approachs to win.

These are just my take on the game. Hope it helps.

9. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank christ for that....thought it was just me too....i feel a lot better now knowing that out there there are other people who get shafted every night on this game and show no sign of improving....i was convinced there was a bug that the american people only knew about!!!! :D

10. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Some good tips there harrisuk.

Experinced cheating over the last two nights.
    I've read about hacking the maps and can only think that is what was done.
    Both times on the same map - Containment.
    The guy moved so quickly we could hardly see him, he could also fly and so could the Warthog. One of the games - Assault - we actually managed to score but that didn't show on the scoreline.

Pointless and pathetic, needless to say we all left feedback for cheating.

11. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    Personally I'm the (cough) best (cough, Cough) I never Get (splutter) killed (OOOWWWWEEEEE!!!!!)

Ok I lied

I have had a prob with that containment map too, same problems. I dispise cheater's

tris

12. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You only seem to get Contaiment on Big team battle. I have never seen any of the problems that you mentioned though.

They patched all the flaws and exploits on the old maps. Looks like some people have found some on the new ones. Its important to understand that literally millions of people play this game and many people spend their lives on it (as sad as it is)

There are flaws in any game if you look hard enough and no amount of testing will solve this. At least Bungie regualrly patch glitches that are brought their attention.

Solution forr now - dont play big team battle. I dont like it anyway. It means getting 8 decent people together which isnt easy. Even with decent peeps we tend to draw most of the time on this.

13. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    All the new maps are stored on the Hd - That is why you are seeing the cheating on these maps - Very easy to Mod/hack them.
    We had a big clan match on Containment last week and the other team were cheating - flying Warthogs and super jumps (like fleas) - All of our players just stood on the top of the base wall and just laugh at the idiots.
    Make sure you report them via feedback and also via Bungie.net theres an email you can use on there.
    Warlock is another where we had a team skirmish game and the idiots where using the super jump mod - 2 of them were right on top of the map sniping with Br's the other 2 just bounce around taking our flag.

14. Easy_Shooter

Easy_Shooter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its because halo is only for boys who cant get it up and end up playing with yanks. because all the british people with brains dont play it any more lol :hiya:

15. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I obviously dont have a brain then because I still play it. People really do say some stupid things on here sometimes :rolleyes:

16. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Is there any game where people can't cheat with others.

17. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Oo Easy, bit of a controversial statement that lol. Are you trying to incite violence :D .

I decided to abstain from any games at all till the next generation comes out.
    RS3 got a bit staid, Halo2 was always ***** IMO, Forza is good but now the weathers nicer(generally) I tend not to play anything. Still come November Manic will be back as **** as ever :smashin:

18. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Easy shooter - Chav boy :hiya: go play with your cars on Forza.
    As for no Brits playing Halo2 - the clan i'm in is all british with over 60 members - we play Halo2 to kick Yank A**e.

Malone cant believe you didnt keep up your xbox live xub - its a hell of a lot cheaper than it will be for xbox360 (xbox live =£20 360 = £40+?) Plus you will have lost your gamertag and your friends list etc.
    Oh well we will all be playing R6 Lockdown and Black hawk down on our xbox (and hopefully 360's if the games are backwards compatable) while you think up a new gamertag.

19. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Ha Ha, I've already got one, Captainassbash :D ;)

Hummm.......will......I.....survive.............without.............Xblive...................................

Your goddamn right I will :lesson: :smashin:

Im glad you have got over the trial separation from the F/ukers.

Hows your new love ;)

Matt

20. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The F/ukers are too busy playing with toy cars.
    I prefer to play with guns so :thumbsdow to the F/ukers
    and :smashin: to the dvdf guys.

21. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    whos going to take em off their friends list first?

easy or eyecatch?

22. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i find halo 2 to be a little frustrating, but get a few good guys up together and you'll defo win some...

we've lost to people in the uk on matchmaking so it's not that much different to the yanks..

i would say that in 10 games we would at least win 4 if not more, it's all about team play not individule on most of the matchmaking games...

allwyas go round in min of two's and make sure you have a good combo of guns between the two of you..

i think i'm currently at level 13 on halo 2 (after the score reset's i have not played that much), most of my mates are around the high 18's - 24's..

big team battle i'm on 4, skirmish i'm on 12 etc...

i find that in slayer having the green pulse gun which you can charge up on duel weild and the smg on the other gun is a great combo, blast with the green gun fully charged, then blast with the smg and they will die..

if your shooting agains a mocing sideways target and they are american aim to the right of them i.e just infront of them and you'll find you kill them quicker as apposed to shooting at them..

also on the larger maps don't stand in the middle ie in the open as you'll get picked off with a rocket or a sniper rifle..

but yes i agree get some people together and get some custom games going to imrpoove the tacktics and know the maps fully..

Jibber.

23. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I notice you removed me from the friends list you splitter :rolleyes:

Come autumn i should imagine the F/ukers will all reappear

24. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Only removed you as you are never on - Easy, Chad, Monster etc etc are on live so they wont get deleted as i'm sure i'll be shooting them in the head on Gr2 expansion disc / R6 lockdown/ Black hawk down.

25. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    So your friends list is limited is it?

I dont remember mine being limited and isnt exactly a hardship to scroll through past 'mates'. I reckon its your silent protest that people have the cheek not to be on live.

Matt

26. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Well I haven't had time to be on m8, but fully aim to be on when some of the new games actually come out. Played Forza for a bit, got bored of that and still waiting for BHD and RS6 Lockdown which have taken forever

27. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've been on a few evenings trying to get to grips with Halo 2. Not seen many of you on lately.

Joined lazygit for a round last night then dropped my connection and couldn't get back in....bugger!

Trying to suss capture the flag. It a bit hectic with the butch voice giving it some all the time, flag taken, flag returned, flag stolen, flag effing everything but what's going on....... :clown:

28. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Yep its all a right piggin muddle IMO, wish I could have got into it. I did try but ended up getting annoyed and stressed, not exactly what I call fun!!
    Still lots of games gonna be out come Xmas on the 360 if UK gets enough to go around :rolleyes: If so then 'I'LL BE BACK'

Matt

29. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest reading some strategy guides and picking up some tips from the experts. It's especially useful to know which weapon to use and when. I find the following tip very useful

Check out this site for more tips

Happy gaming

30. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes it is you can only have 100 people on the friends list.