1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 + x box live starter kit?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by micks_address, Oct 21, 2004.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Hi folks,

I'm about to get x box live and ideally i'd like to get something like the project gotham 2 package which comes with the starter kit. Does anyone know if there's plans to do a version of halo 2 with the starter kit in one package?

Thanks,
    Mick

2. smythst

smythst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Microsoft probably won't, but I'd bet my Granny that every Game store you walk into will have some bundle like that, it'd be far too appealing for new console buyers to turn down!

3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazon had a deal on Splinter Cell: Pandora + Live starter kit, but they ran out of stock. You might want to keep an eye out there for a Halo 2 bundle as they'd be pretty crazy not to offer it.

4. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  5. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hope you don't mind me being picky but that's not actually a Microsoft official pack in the same way as the Splinter Cell or PGR2 pack was but just a copy of Halo 2 and a live starter pack. Obviously it'll do the job just fine and represents pretty good value considering you get the game, headset and 12months live subsciption which have a RRP street value of around £120 and you get it for £65 :) . However (there's always a however isn't there !!) you may want to hang on to see if Microsoft do their own bundle as they are soon to launch a Halo 2 headset which is a new design made by plantronics (massive headset manufacturer) which is said to be far better quality both in comfort and aurally than the existing one. Oh and it looks much nicer too :)
    http://www.plantronics.com/gaming/e...?WT.mc_t=Gaming&WT.mc_n=emea&_requestid=40993

Pretty nice piece of kit eh and I'm glad to see it doesn't have the headband like the official one which I'm always hitting on my setee cusions :thumbsdow

6. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    LOL

Picky, picky...

7. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    :) I know I'm soo bad for it !!, but come on you've got to admit it's a MUST HAVE for any self respecting Halo fan.

8. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi
    i'm pretty sure microsoft are releasing an 'official' halo 2 live! bundle kit. i agree, the one linked too doesn't nessarily look like that, but from what i've read, there will be one to go along side the official fifa 2005 kit and the 'vanilla' one with three new demo's, outrun2, fifa 05 and one of the clancy games i think
    anyway, i still haven't got my live! kit yet, going to see whats around at the weekend i think :)
    regards
    monsieurblack

9. NinjaBrewCommando

NinjaBrewCommando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    From CVG:

Friday 22nd October 2004 [​IMG][​IMG]UNLEASH THE POWER OF HALO 2 LIVE
    [​IMG]
    Special Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit announced, but minus the tasty Halo 2-branded headset[​IMG]

10:00 On November 11 Microsoft is to release a limited edition Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit alongside the vanilla version of Bungie's hotly anticipated FPS sequel, it's been announced this morning.

Retailing for £59.99, the Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit will contain a copy of Halo 2 - handy - the Xbox Live communicator headset and a 12-month subscription to the Live service. Unfortunately, while we were hoping that the limited edition Halo 2 Xbox Live Starter Kit would come with Plantronic's officially sanctioned Halo 2 headset - pictured right and rather nifty - Microsoft has informed us that it'll be your regular Starter Kit content.

10. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    wouldnt it be funny if Halo 2 Sucked.