HAlo 2 Weird Ending

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by harrisuk, Dec 2, 2004.

1. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Halo 2 seemd to end "Mid Game"can you unlock further levels or something. I have heard there is an alternative ending.

Definately seems open ended for Halo 3 (Presumably on Xbox 2)

Amazing game though. 10 or so hours well spent :thumbsup:

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SPOILERS BELOW (you have been warned)

Apparently, if you finish it on Legendary, a date appears on the screen: Feb ?, 2005. (not sure what the ? is offhand, but it gives you a specific date)

After reading a few rumours, I'm guessing that this is the date for the real last level. It will be rolled out on XBox Live and unlocked via an update. I'm pretty sure it'll be free, but this is a shrewd marketing move on Microsoft's part. In order to "really" finish the game, people will have to sign up to XBox Live. I think they're betting that a decent percentage of those who sign up just to get the last level will stick around on Live.

Personally, I think this is a pretty sleazy move on their part. But, since Live is so dang good, I'm not complaining. It'll be a shame for Halo 2 owners who don't have broadband access, though.

Addendum: The above is all conjecture on my part.

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Me being cynical but I wonder if this is so that all those people who have chipped boxes have to "not finish the game" and it makes them go online so that M$ can ban them!

Not sure if I have made a lot of sense but hope you catch my drift?

More wine vicar?

Tone

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well my box is chipped and I have been playing it online along with all the other live titles I have since launch with no problems. In fact I have been using Live for well over a year.

I looks like the people getting banned recently had been using live then got their boxes chipped. When you chip the xbox it changes some setting that live can tell are different than when you signed up for Live if you get my drift.

Well this is what I have heard anyway.