1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 there still cheating

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by UncagedTyphoon, May 9, 2005.

1. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I afraid guy the cheat of standby mode on modem is still in use by the Yanks the patch didnt solve this one and i dont see how they can :eek:

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yep I have seen this done in one of my games last week. The usual blue screen came up and only some opposition had moved to completely different positions.
    There is some video evidence on the Bungie halo forum of a cheater. I'm not sure how they are doing it mind.
    For those who wanted to look at a video click ME
    BTW this is after the latest update.

3. Scott UK

Scott UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im afraid to say nobody can ever stop standby, unless ofcourse the makers of the router take out standby mode. But bungie cant stop people pressing the button can they :(

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This has been patched I believe and they can stop it. Bungie can tell its happening and remove the person concerned and switch the host to another connection.

This does happen , sometimes when it takes a long time to get back into the games. Some times you see it where that whole of the opposition is booted at the same time as well and they forfit the points.

I here people in games all the time saying there is cheating going on. Even when it was happening 99 times out of a hundred there wasnt any cheating they were just crap :rolleyes:

IF people are paranoid they should join a decent clan or just play with their friends. There is always someone decent available on my playlist I can join or clan game etc....

5. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    no no no

this is happening the patch didnt work to stop it it suppose to alert xbox who is doing it then they could be banned
    as for the othe point it more the case of the game says switching host and you come back in to game and your dead with shot/beated down by etc

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am on it most nights and I never see this standy glitch you are talking about so we will have to disagree I am afraid.

7. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Unfortunately standby is still there. I've only seen it a few times since the patch though.