Halo 2 online. Me 7 kills max others 15-20

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Wilt, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Wilt

Wilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Finding Halo 2 online frustrating when I can't even get one kill in a slayer match. Winners tend to get 15-20. Are these guys playing 24/7? Does anyone have some good tips for me to do some serious slaying?

Kind regards

Wil

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Only tips i have to offer are always try to have 2 guns. 2x smg's or 1 smg and a plasma pistol, they are what i use on live and do pretty good with them. also learn to jump around alot while aiming this also helps me out. other than that just practice then practice and then practice some more. :D

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    yep just pratice and learn the maps - you can set up a custom game with just you in it - set the time to 3 mins and run around the map learning where each weapon is. Main weapons to go for are the Sword and Shotgun - there are unstopable at close range = 1 hit kills.
    Also change your look settings increase them from the default 3 to at least 5 - this allows you to turn faster.
    Dont forget to use grenades - loads of people go for duel welding and forget about grenades - throw them round corners if you think someone is there, someone chasing you upstairs throw them down at him.
    Another thing is grenade jumping - drop and grenade and jump just as it explodes this allows you to jump much higher and get in a good sniping spot.
    Last one is remember to use the melee attack - when you run out of ammo and you are close to your attacker use the melee instead of reloading as it does a good amount of damage(depending on the weapon)

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +962
    AS LFC says, duel-wielding usually does the trick, my favorite combo is SMG in right hand and magnum pistol in left hand, i tend to fire the SMG whilst chasing them and then unload the Magnum from close range which finishes them off. Also try having a go with the Shotgun, only effective at close range but can kill with 1 shot if in right place and from close enough, but that said the shotgun if only suitable for use indoors due to the range issues.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Yeah all depends on the map for me. On more open maps i'd go for dual wielding (generally a couple of plasma rifles or a rifle & an SMG - the magnum is also good if you can find it). On less open maps I prefer something like a shotgun and grenades! Lob grenades off walls & around corners & then charge in with the shotgun for short range kills! :thumbsup:

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +962
    A man after my heart. Thats my 'secret' tactic exposed to the world :mad: :D

7. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I too am a big fan of the shotgun on indoor / close maps - outdoors then it has to be the beam rifle and sniper for me - hide yourself away like a wimp and shoot from range. If the map has a Banshee then get in that and fly yourself somewhere noone else can get...!!

Oh - I'm still rubbish at this game but getting better.....

Ghost Recon 2 is supposed to be great on MP.. can't wait for that one.

8. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Read the thread and check the bugs link - as usual Ubisoft have screwed it up. But saying that I'll still be buying it :laugh:

9. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Captain, you buying a FPS game, surely not :D , perhaps you can hold a masterclass in FPS's. Shame you cant have an option in games, IF you wanna play in a group and you are sh***(like me) and some are s*** hot(like Cap) then the good players have to have better accuracy than the poo players obviously this changing all the time so as you improve your accuracy has to be better.

Would help me anyway. I get frustrated and in turn ****** off if all I do is die constantly. Its alright saying practice etc but I dont even have time to play regular anyway let alone practising :rolleyes: .

10. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Err you can have that on halo 2 - you can handicap skilled players.
    would nice to see a few people on live once in a while so far no one is ever on and i'm force to play with annoying yanks. Time for a clear out of my friends list again :)

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    lol yeah I kept bumping into you going the other way around when we were playing last week :D

12. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +495
    No one usually around when i'm on LIVE either, can tell they've been on though, due to their ratings going up.

Damn working early starts at the moment!! :thumbsdow

13. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    HL2 is taking up a bit of my gaming time at the moment.

14. smokingreen

smokingreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    One of the most important things (that I have found anyway) when playing slayer, is to keep moving. Standing still and aiming = dead.

Its mainly about strafing around someone and keeping the cross hairs on their head. All the other tips that have been given are all good as well - my particular favourite dual wields are: SMG+Plasma Rifle and SMG+Magnum. The later is particularly satisfying!

Battle rifle is also very useful over medium distance, but head shots are practically essential.

15. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Cap'n not been of for a couple of days, just to busy, and little one was in hospital sunday/moday wit bronchilitus(sp!) - he's better now, so hopefully will be getting back online tonite etc.

Even though i'm completely naff at this game and find it frustrating as 'ell at times, it's still doesn't stop me from coming back to it for online action :thumbsup:

Getting further in the Campaing also now, so maybe improving slowly

Gary

16. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    magnum + any other weapon on duel wield is a must.

if you can get the sword then a killing spree usually beckons.

head shots deffo make a diff.

however - some folks prob do spend most of their life on it so you'll never be as good as them.

try team skirmish on optimatch - best way to improve and you aint got the pressure of the number of kills every game.

17. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Just finished Halo2 campaign on heroic so I'll likely be spending a bit more time on live now.
    Have hit a tough bit on HL2 and want to give it a rest for a bit ( bit in Nova prospekt with the mass attack and sentry gun placement)

18. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    That is the toughest battle in the game and unfortunately I had to result to lamer tactics to complete it, send me a PM if you get fed up enough you want to resort to them :p