1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 maps coming

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by -Jay-, Mar 25, 2005.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So the basic details for the new map release plan go like this:

We're releasing a total of nine new multiplayer maps.
    All nine maps will eventually be available as Live downloads and as a normal boxed game disc - available at retail for $19.99 (US).
    The release on Live will be staggered, some paid, some free!
    The first two maps are free and coming in a few short weeks. (late April)
    The same day the 2 free maps are released, 2 additional maps will be available for purchase.
    The remaining 5 maps will be made available as a paid download on the same day the retail package goes on sale.
    The retail disc will contain extras, including a documentary, a cool project from our cinematic and animation team, every Halo 2 update released so far and possily one or two other little treats.
    By late summer, ALL the maps will be available for free.
    It is complicated, but the vagaries of matchmaking playlist rollout, the precedent set by making Live content available to non-Live users, the implementation of anti-cheat fixes and the support required to make the whole experience work smoothly, are somewhat unique in the annals of Xbox gaming. So please, bear with us.

What we can say with some confidence is that we're very proud of the new maps. They're cool-looking, fun, well-balanced and tested to destruction. They offer a wide range of gameplay types and are suitable for some modes you may not even have tried before. We can't wait to share them with you.

Full story & first pictures of the maps can be found Here I for one can't wait :smashin:

2. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Great news and about time, especially for the patch.
    At first when I read that some maps would be premium I did wonder how that would work with matchmaking, but after reading through all of the details it makes more sense now.
    A lot of work has certainly been done and the new maps look great.
    Roll on the end of April.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    I'll wait for these to be free I think. Still haven't finished the single player! :blush:

4. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Sweet, can't wait :) .

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Yeah me neither - for some reason this game hasn't really grabbed me that much, just seemed like standard UT fair to be honest. Credit has to go to Bungie on the implementation of the game though - the multiplayer game was superbly implemented and is really a model of how all Live games should be. The game itself is good but nothing special I guess. I'll probably check out some of the new levels but I will also wait until these are free I guess.

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    They look awesome..............My friends and I are so addicted to Halo2 on live its untrue. On it until 3am again this morning :eek:

Extra maps will make it even better :)