1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 Is no longer the "game to have" for the xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kopite4Ever, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    well move on over you have officially been beaten my fav game character Mr Sam Fisher. im about as biased towards the splinter cell series as i am towards liverpool fc and "24" so i rate it that highly and the new game has proven me right. having played through all previous games and the new SC3 demo for pc this new title is absolutly terrific and just a dream for a fan boy like me. you MGS lovers dont even try to compare Mr fisher to snake or what ever silly plotline/character he is in the new game. co-op looks a dream for this new title and i cant wait to try it. im an old hand at Spy v merc so that should be nice for me with long awaited new maps. i cant believe the review only got 9.9 and it gave a con as only 4 co-op maps when there will be 4 more availble for D/l content over live. each co-op map is 3x the size of a SP map and each Sp map is 3 x bigger than previous SC maps from Pandora tomorrow so this game is massive. with the 3 arc's this is my game of the year to have already and will imo get game of the year come awards time. it looks so pretty on both xbox and pc. even OBX says it pushed the xbox to the limits and looks the best game ever on it :)

here is teh final page of the review (all i could get my grubby hands on)

i love the quote of the graphics " topping riddick and halo 2 by a mile " :D

[​IMG]

WILL HAVE BETTER PICTURE SOON

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    I love it when people say this! :D The developers must be gutted! Seriously though, I've heard good things about this too, and a good online co-op game is overdue. Would be good to play through with those mates I've convinced to buy an Xbox now. Good to see Official Xbox Mag living up to their usual high editorial standards (though I assume this is the US version?).

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,132
    Looks Great!! Roll on April 1st! :thumbsup:

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i cant wait at all. pity you guys getting it on xbox would have been nice to get play you lot. im a pc gamer for my Splinter cell series and its the one game i bought my 6800 in mind for. its the first game to offically support SM 3.0 and it looks fab :D

i may have exagerated when i say cant believe it only got 9.9 but they negative they gave is there isnt enough co-op maps when that arc of the game will be the same size of the single player so imo opinion its a 10 game. and ys its the USA OXM. im suprised it beat halo 2 in the ratings really i am because that game is great but this must be special. i think i shall be dropping of the face of the earth from april 1st for a few weeks...pity uni final exams are not far after that :( o well i can do another degree :devil:

edit: i will try and get the first two pages for you to read as well, as its a nice write up. im waiting for pc gamer to get their review out

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +732
    I look forward to giving your neck a good old snapping mr munkey

6. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Humm, gotta say the online in Pandora did not work for me at all. But this co-op sounds more like my cup 'o' tea. This is going to be a right struggle come april. Lockdown,Brothers in Arms and this. Think I feel a bout of month long flu coming :rolleyes:

Matt

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Tbh i got bored of Halo 2 anyway about 1/3 of the way through (well i assume it was about a 1/3 of the way through) but this does sound excellent.

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    if you guys havnt tried the lighthosue demo i very much endorse you do :)

9. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    :(

Between this and Forza, i'm not only going to be broke, i'm also going to end up single again :eek:

10. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    great aint it, no one to nag you no one to spend money on (bar yourself) and you end up with all these cool things :thumbsup:

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,132
    Yeah there's this, Forza, Brothers in Arms and then the small something that's the US PSP launch! I thought things couldn't get much better than last year but this years doing a pretty good job so far!

12. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Hope the 9.9 is worth more than the 8.5 Enter The Matrix got... :rolleyes: Official mags are often... ummm... conservative with the truth.

TBH i enjoyed the first SC single-player, but the second seemed to lose the magic and playing online was an odd and often frustrating experience. Much like the way Halo (good) and Halo 2 developed (single-player shallow, online frustrating with cheats/glitchers/griefers). I am not ecxcited about a third - i wonder if SC3 will have a Hover-Ship level?

13. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I’ve still got the first 2 games in their plastic wrapping, just haven’t had a chance to play them. However, I’ll probably still end up getting this! :suicide: