halo 2 connection problems. please help.

O

oMurtaugh

right here goes.

my flat mate and i are using a shared 1mb line from bulldogdsl, with the netgear DG834 router. we have no problem connecting to xbox live, until we want to invite our friend who is also on a 1mb line, this time from btyahoo, using the voyager 205 router. when we try to invite him or join his game it say"you cannot join this game, we are having network difficulties, sorry about that."

we both have our MTU's set at 1492, i have disabled the firewall on my router, tried to portforward on his router, to no avail.

the wierd thing is if another friend invites him first, then we can all join the same party, but if the new friend leaves then we are back to square one.

please help.

your hopefully,
oMurtaugh

YOu need to put your, his or both xboxes in the dmz of the router(s). The are some ports you can open but sometimes the only way arond the issue is to put them in the DMZ

cheers for the the reply himji.
sort of played about with that, but didn't really go into it. will try again soon.

could it be something to do with the fact that we are on the sameBT exchange?

Doubt it, if anything, that would have made communications easier.

YOur problem is definatly down to ports being blocked, until I put mine in the DMZ, I had all sorts of wierd issues, for example on Midtown Madness, if I had an issue with a particular user, I'd see his car as a stationary car and could even take the gold/tag etc with this stationary car, even though he was on the other side of the map according to all the pother players!

If you need a hand doing this, I wrote a very comprehensive guide.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom