Halo 2 Auto-update

akane_1984

Has this hit yet, I remembered reading we would be getting two new maps and all ranks would be reset.

Dave

Distinguished Member
The update went live last week and the new maps are available to download today. I'll have a look now and see if they are there yet.

akane_1984

The update went live last week and the new maps are available to download today. I'll have a look now and see if they are there yet.

ah thanks, just looked on bungie website a lot easier to navigate since they changed it all, have they reset the rankings yet or is that still to be done.

Dave

Distinguished Member
The maps are up at 2am PDT which should be in around 10 minutes our time.

The update was released last week but the ranks won't be reset untill the matchmaking update next week.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
The maps are up at 2am PDT which should be in around 10 minutes our time.

The update was released last week but the ranks won't be reset untill the matchmaking update next week.

ooooooooooo just in time for my day off might have give those a look :)

A DoNK

Map are up now. :thumbsup:

Halo 2 Blastacular Map Pack

The Halo 2 ‘Blastacular Map Pack’ is now available for download over Xbox Live. This pack is US $4.00, and it contains two maps: Tombstone and Desolation.

Since this is original Xbox content, it’s worth pointing out the following:

* You can not purchase these maps with MS points because all original Xbox games have no idea what points are. Therefore, you must have a valid credit card associated with your account in order to purchase the map pack. Please read this article which will show you how to make the changes to your account to add a credit card. All set there, but getting an error when downloading? this may help.
* Don't have a credit card? Head down to your local Visa gift card retailer (like a supermarket) and charge one up with just enough to cover the purchase.
* The maps are original Xbox content..so when you purchase them, they are tied the console they are purchased on. You can not go to another box and re-download them for free.

According to Frankie, the H2 playlists will be updated shortly to include the new mapage.

For more information on the maps (and screen shots) direct your attention to the thse two articles (one and two) on Bungie.net
Share: Digg it | del.icio.us | Reddit
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:02 AM by Major Nelson | 13 Comments
Filed under: In-Game Content, Halo
http://www.majornelson.com/Default.aspx

Just need to find my component lead now :eek: silly VGA.

Dave

Distinguished Member
Still not there.:(

If anyone fancies a blast on these new maps let me know in here and I'll send you a clan invite.:thumbsup:

A DoNK

My old credit card details are expired, but i have no idea how to update it as you cant enter to the old xbox dash :confused:

*sorted now :) thanks to xbox.com*

Thanks for clan invite Daerve :thumbsup: will deffo be on later for some games.

Dave

Distinguished Member
My old credit card details are expired, but i have no idea how to update it as you cant enter to the old xbox dash :confused:

*sorted now :) thanks to xbox.com*

Thanks for clan invite Daerve :thumbsup: will deffo be on later for some games.

Still not showing up for me.:(

Did you go to the content download menu in the live section?

A DoNK

Yeah sign in as usual, go to content download then the new map pack should be there :)

theres no auto like pop up on the screen.

it's 9112 blocks and downloading at a snails pace :suicide:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Yeah sign in as usual, go to content download then the new map pack should be there :)

I just checked the Bungie forums and it seems I'm not the only one without them available. Just gonna have to wait I suppose.

akane_1984

£2.00

yeah odd its not showing for some :thumbsdow there is a trick though that if you do a xbox live connection test on the dash, then the new download content should show up for you :)

nice one, well I'll download it soon as I get home and probably be online tonight after the Man U match. god though haven't played Halo 2 since december 06.

akane_1984

Done.

He's a level 33 though, OMG taht suxxxzor, we gonna get Pwned.;)

ha-ha yeah hes Very good at the game if wasn't for him I wouldn't have ever found Halo or Halo 2, he let me try it out times i'd be round his house. Instantly hooked all those years back. . I have hit lvl 30 once or twice but I'am on average in the late twenties.

Looking forward to being part of a proper clan me and hazz have always just played team slayers joining up with mates etc online

Dave

Distinguished Member
£2.00

yeah odd its not showing for some :thumbsdow there is a trick though that if you do a xbox live connection test on the dash, then the new download content should show up for you :)

Just tried it, didn't work.

Cheers anyway.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

Thats weirds its there under download content for me?

what is it in pounds, £4? . .

Said £2 when i just did it! Now thats how you price downloadable content!

AVForums UK.

I sent you an invite.:thumbsup:

Ill accept the one you sent me :smashin:

Mines is going like lightning, however i do have 10mb :D

Dave

Distinguished Member
ha-ha yeah hes Very good at the game if wasn't for him I wouldn't have ever found Halo or Halo 2, he let me try it out times i'd be round his house. Instantly hooked all those years back. . I have hit lvl 30 once or twice but I'am on average in the late twenties.

Looking forward to being part of a proper clan me and hazz have always just played team slayers joining up with mates etc online

I got to 33 in Big Team which isn't bad considering the amount of quitters in that playlist.

Never played that much team slayer cos I prefer bigger teams.

Bloody good multiplayer game though isn't it.:D

akane_1984

I got to 33 in Big Team which isn't bad considering the amount of quitters in that playlist.

Never played that much team slayer cos I prefer bigger teams.

Bloody good multiplayer game though isn't it.:D

best.ever.multiplayer! lol

when we briefly got back into it last December there was such a bad amount of cheating and quitting and modding going on, on warlord we started a team slayer falling from the sky and the enemy had a warthog on the map firing up at us. . . . :mad:

best times we had playing was when all our mates had it on xbox and we have big custom games with friends, a lot of those mates never got a 360 though and never on halo 2, so now there is bout 4/5 us go online just enough to make a team slayer team.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+