1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 24, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Gordon,

Why don't you simply get the R1 edition anyway? Anchor Bay are rereleasing it in about a month's time, so you can buy the Halloween: Extended Edition DVD then.

Whether or not the R2 disc will have the same "pumpkin/mask" image on the cover, I doubt it. R2 is notorious for dumping anything of any quality, and replacing it with extra language tracks, subtitles in Swahili, and packaging the whole thing in a cheap cardboard sleeve! And as for the commentaries, I can't see them being on the R2 edition anyway.

Pooch

2. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play247 have this for pre-order, word has it that the first 10K copies have the same holigraphic cover as the R1 version had.

One big difference from the R1 is that it has the commentaries that Criterion would not allow on the R1 version. - So i'm told!

3. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pooch

The Commentaries ARE on the disk and there IS a holographic cover (first 10K copies).

Why get the R1, surely the biggest news about this is the fact that the commentary is included for the first time on DVD!!!

4. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone apart from Play247 have this for preorder, as i need someone that ships to Australia?