Halloween H20

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Gooble Gobble, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Gooble Gobble

Gooble Gobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I was just going to buy this on Blu-ray from France when I saw this from Germany that's coming:

Halloween H20 - Uncut Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition: Amazon.de: Jamie Lee Curtis, Adam Arkin, Josh Hartnett, LL Cool J, Michelle Williams, Janet Leigh, Steve Miner: Filme & TV

Does anyone know anything more about this, it says uncut but on the page it says 86 minutes long and that's the same as the normal film run as far as I know...

I believe so far the French release is the superior Blu-ray?

Any help would be grand.

2. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,280
    I have the French release which I got cheaply off Amazon.fr and which I'm very happy with. The same disc was also released in Germany before. This could well be the same release re-packaged.

3. Gooble Gobble

Gooble Gobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Anyone know about the uncut claim?

4. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,280
    They are quite scissor happy in Germany when it comes to violence, so this is to reassure horror fans that this Blu-ray hasn't been cut to get a 16 certificate. In Germany 18 certificate titles can only be sold to adults and you may get asked for ID there if you buy an 18 rated title, so a lot of horror films in Germany get cut for a 16 certificate. However H20 is not particularly violent as slasher films go, so it got a 16 there without cuts. It's the same version we know.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. Gooble Gobble

Gooble Gobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Yep it's not that violent but it's one of my favourites from the series so wanted it on Blu-ray and it's a lovely edition from the look of it. Gone for it anyway after seeing some more images of it. Apparently there were two versions of the packaging, one had a full image of Jamie Lee Curtis in blue and white colours on the front.

I prefer the pumpkin edition. :)

Thanks for the info.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,280
    It's my favourite of the sequels, Jamie Lee Curtis is excellent in it and I liked how they developed her character after they did nothing interesting with her in Halloween II, the only other sequel that featured her till this one.

7. gap

gap
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,753
    I, too, am a big fan of this. Curtis is great and is ably supported by the rest of the cast - especially Alan Arkin and LL Cool J. It's perfectly paced, very exciting and just the right amount of nasty. Must remember to get around to picking up the French disc next time I'm over there

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013