Halloween Ends Movie Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts are at least they tried to do something different. Successful or not is down to individual taste. This film definitely wasn't the end of a coherent trilogy, Halloween Kills was a different type of film altogether.
Jamie Lee Curtis is at least given a bigger role and shines in some scenes and in others is downright embarrassing. Where was the character we saw in the first two Halloweens? (Halloween and Halloween Kills) She seemed muted and somehow oblivious to Michael's return until the very end sequence. Not the worst Halloween sequel but if this is the end of Michael and Laurie's story they deserve better.

I agree with this review and score, I’m really annoyed with this film, would be interesting to know how much screen time Michael actually has.

Last edited:
This will have GOT season 8 vibes, where people will be asking for it to be remade. 😂

Cheers Mark, you did warn us.

I think that's about as disappointing as it could have been really. Sounds like a real cock-up as the guys in the main thread have alluded to as well.

Thanks Mark. I didn't have huge expectations for this, but there's now no chance of me taking a trip to the flicks for it. I'll definitely still catch it, but more than happy to wait for it to stream. Sounds all very disappointing, but then I'm not sure it ever needed an entire new trilogy imo. I was always happy with H20, and it's last scene, so like to think of it of the franchise's definitive ending.

Last edited:
I shall look forward to:
Halloween Ends II,
Halloween Really Ends This Time,
The Return of No Seriously Stop It.

The franchise deserved and specifically this trilogy a much better ending.
What a convoluted mess
Worst film I’ve seen at the big screen this year.
3/10 🙁

I thought it started off pretty decent if it wasnt a Halloween film, the 2nd half was poor and dont even get me started on the ending.

This is the worst movie of the entire series.

There, I said it. Worst of all, I meant it,

4/10 is very very generous.
A jumbled mess with awful acting. Just fast forward to the last 10 minutes and save yourself a headache.

Thanks Mark. I didn't have huge expectations for this, but there's now no chance of me taking a trip to the flicks for it. I'll definitely still catch it, but more than happy to wait for it to stream. Sounds all very disappointing, but then I'm not sure it ever needed an entire new trilogy imo. I was always happy with H20, and it's last scene, so like to think of it of the franchise's definitive ending.

Do you want a free Odeon ticket to go and see it? I've got one knocking round here for this week I'm not going to be able to use.

Can't wait for the reboots. :)

Halloween - It never ended
Halloween - It never ends
Halloween - I know why it never ended
Halloween - I know why it never ends

Absolutely awful avoid at all costs.

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would after everything I've read about the film but my expectations were non existant beforehand. I didn't mind them trying something different either and thought it was better than Halloween Kills. The beginning was probably the best part and even the first half of the film was okay but then it went downhill. A lot of the script was poor and some of the characters made bad decisions (but then this is often normal in horror films). I was pleased there was more of Jamie Lee Curtis in this one but overall she deserved better. As an end to the trilogy for Michael Myers fans it doesn't really work but as a stand alone film it was okay, just nothing spectacular.
5/10

Do you want a free Odeon ticket to go and see it? I've got one knocking round here for this week I'm not going to be able to use.
That's very generous of you Rich. If you still have it pm me the details. Just one thing though, does this mean I'll be reviewing it by proxy for you?😊

That's very generous of you Rich. If you still have it pm me the details. Just one thing though, does this mean I'll be reviewing it by proxy for you?😊

Yep :)

Also means an Odeon somewhere won't be getting trashed in rage!

I'll drop you a PM.

Awful beyond awful. We got 90% a story that had no tension, a first 40 minutes that had no horror, and some of the most bizarre story choices ever focusing on characters we didn't care one iota about. Just as Laurie was not in Halloween Kills, Michael is not in Halloween Ends.

4/10 and that's 2 points extra for the last 10 minutes which should have been classic but was plain dull.

They should have tagged on those 10 minutes to the end of Halloween Kills....

We needed Laurie "Rambo Grandma" Strode vs Michael "Terminator who killed all of Haddonfield" Myers....

Expect next year's Part 4 to have Laurie wake up in Hospital in "Halloween Kills" and the whole of "Ends" is a dream because she is high on Propofol.

Last edited:
Saw this on Friday with my wife and daughter.. I've been watching these films since the mid 80s as a kid...

I quite liked it but forgot it was a Halloween film... if it was a spin off without Michael it would work...
But he was not in it enough and YET again changed the story around him... the boogeyman... pure evil... can't be human... oh now he's just a man... smh...!! inconsistent...he was fine in the end of kills and basically like an unstoppable force and the way he was dispatched off in ends wound me up but couldn't quite get my head round what I thought about the film.. but someone else hit the nail on the head saying it ruined the mystique of "The shape"
I enjoyed 2018 as it was relatable to 1978 it should have ended there and to just hear him breathing at the end credits knowing the boogeyman is still out there..

I've watched it twice now and I really like it. Like the way it tried something different and it felt like it was from the 80s. The original Halloween is one of my favourites of all time and I have watched all the films many times and this was up there with one of the best from the franchise. I watched the previous 2 films just before and this is so much better than halloween kills, that was probably one of the worse films and I was expecting much the same but I was pleasantly surpiursed.

7/10

Have to agree with the the review.

It was over complicated. Just give me Michael killing a bunch of people in interesting ways with a simple motivation and maybe a twist, it doesn’t need to be so deep. We all know what we want from these things.

I've watched it twice now and I really like it. Like the way it tried something different and it felt like it was from the 80s. The original Halloween is one of my favourites of all time and I have watched all the films many times and this was up there with one of the best from the franchise. I watched the previous 2 films just before and this is so much better than halloween kills, that was probably one of the worse films and I was expecting much the same but I was pleasantly surpiursed.

7/10

Thats fine and each to their own opinion..It was well made... and the side story with Corey was good... I quite enjoyed it up to a point... but the problem for many is the whole thing with Michael over the course of 3 films... all over the place with the supernatural edge... and then he was hardly in it...

we saw what happened in kills and get told something else in ends as a way out ie.. (unstoppable killing machine cant be human, no man can live through that) Ends all washed up and bumped off by Laurie on her own and now oh hes just a normal man........

Last edited:
Also... Halloween is prob my favourite film now Green and Co are lined up to do something with the exorcist...!! But again a trilogy... making me nervous...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom