Halloween Blu Viewing.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what you people going to be viewing on or around Halloween?

Last edited:
I will be watching Trick or Treat, Hellraiser 1 and Drag me to hell around that time.

Now lock this thread and ban him for posting in the wrong place :laugh: :devil:.

Last edited:
Moving to movies

Last edited:
Halloween 2 for me.:smashin:

Sure did :smashin:
Just edit your first post if your happy with it being here ;)

do we have to watch what we are saying now you are are moderator in the forums;) does it pay well?:D
you must have too much time on your hands, going to ring morrisons up to say you are under worked in the bakery:laugh::rotfl:

not sure what i will be watching? anyone recommend a good scary movie

do we have to watch what we are saying now you are are moderator in the forums;) does it pay well?:D
you must have too much time on your hands, going to ring morrisons up to say you are under worked in the bakery:laugh::rotfl:

Rec (Spanish film) with the lights out! Scared the cr@p out of me!!! Watch it with the English subs on and original Spanish soundtrack.

:laugh:
No pay all volunteer work. ;)

No need to act differently around me on the forums...but I'm always watching :devil:

I dont own many scary movies but I think The Thing needs to be watched. Love that movie or The Shining if I can get my paws on it. ;)

I dont own many scary movies but I think The Thing needs to be watched. Love that movie or The Shining if I can get my paws on it. ;)

I have the Thing on Blu Ray, and i dont find The Shining scary just nuts.

Trick 'R Treat
Halloween II
Creepshow
Child's Play
(All region free)

I'd go on but then i'd just be listing horror on blu.

Last edited:
Insidious
Paranormal Activity (both)
Halloweens 1+2 originals

Halloween - Season Of The Witch
Sleepy Hollow
Salem's Lot (Tobe Hooper version)

Edit: I don't have any of the above on Blu-Ray!

I bought The Exorcist on blu-ray today so might unwrap on Halloween night, will try and squeeze in the black and white version of The Mist too as I've only watched the blu of the normal "colour" version since I bought it.

Last edited:
Dirty Dancing
Notting Hill
Love Actually
Sex In The City
Friends box set

I can't think of a more terrifying line up of halloween televisual terrors than those

Probably one of the nightmare on elm street films

I'm having two Halloween screenings, one for my friends and one for my neighbours. Where I live we are a close community where everybody contributes something and I'm the movie guy.

My friends want to see films they haven't seen before, so no Halloween, The Shining, etc.

For my friends I'm thinking of showing The Woman, Julia's Eyes and possibly Hatchet when everybody is drunk and braying for blood. If they want cult, arty I might show the 70s vampire flick Daughter's of Darkness, which I've become a huge fan of since I got it on Blu.

My neighbours are more tricky. I can't show them anything to gruesome otherwise nobody will water my plants and feed my cat when I'm on holiday. I'm thinking of a B&W classic first. Possible contenders are Dead of Night, Night of the Demon or The Innocents. Then something more modern, but nothing that rocks the boat too much, like The Others, The Devils' Backbone, Let the Right One In or Rogue.

Deep Red
Don't Look Now
Ghostbusters
The Frighteners
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Psychoville Halloween Special
Tremors
Man who Could Cheat Death
The Skull
Cronos

My Herschell Gordon Lewis tripple feature has just arrived on Blu. That may be good for a laugh.

Dirty Dancing
Notting Hill
Love Actually
Sex In The City
Friends box set

I can't think of a more terrifying line up of halloween televisual terrors than those

:laugh: :smashin:.

I'm still deciding, and what I end up watching will largely depend on which titles arrive in time. I've got Blue Underground's Zombie ordered, and am hoping it will arrive before Halloween. The release date is very close, but usually BU stuff I order ships out early, so here's hoping it will arrive in time.

I've also ordered Dark Night Of The Scarecrow, as I've heard some cracking things about it, but never managed to track it down, and fortunately I held off on the recent DVD release just long enough for the Blu-ray announcement.

I'm hoping Arrow's Maniac Cop will arrive in time. Usually HMV ship early, but Arrow can be a bit hit and miss with getting things to online retailers in time for them to ship it out for release. They've been better as of late though. I'm also hoping Shameless' release of House On The Edge Of The Park, will arrive intime. Although it's only on DVD not Blu-ray, it will perhaps be a fitting watch after David Hess' recent death.

I still have Halloween and Halloween II (30th Anniversary Edition) sitting unopened to watch. Halloween night might be the best time to unwrap those. The recent US BD of Halloween II seemed too good to miss (quite looking forward to the deleted scenes, Alternate Editing and Terror In The Aisles) and I'd originally missed Halloween (the UK release) and it went out of print, but HMV seemed to source some new copies a couple of weeks ago, for £5.29!

I'll be throwing in a couple of new films too, most likely The Dead and The Woman, both of which seem to have been getting some very nice reviews.

This may seem like more than what one could possibly fit into a night, but I'll be spreading it over the course of Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Beavis & Butthead : Halloween special :)

Followed by a movie from my extensive horror collection.... Dvd or bluray... Hmmmm... Depends weather i want to be scared of how good the quality is on my TV Or how bad it is!

Lol.

Beavis & Butthead : Halloween special :)

Followed by a movie from my extensive horror collection.... Dvd or bluray... Hmmmm... Depends weather i want to be scared of how good the quality is on my TV Or how bad it is!

Lol.

Beavis and Butthead Halloween special is just great!

"...those are my special monkey sheets..." :rotfl:

Halloween? Got to be Halloween (original of course) or Halloween 3 which is not that scary but quite a lot (unintentionally) funny!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom