• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

halifax transfer gone wrong

accyuklad

Banned
i transfered 100 4hours ago to barclays and still not cleared anyone had this issue im trying to get in touch with halifax but taking ages to answer

maxwell

Distinguished Member
Depends on the bank and type of account it was transferred to, not all are in the faster payment scheme and if not it can take upto 4 days to arrive

davidegee

i transfered 100 4hours ago to barclays and still not cleared anyone had this issue im trying to get in touch with halifax but taking ages to answer

I love your posts. So little patience, so much frustration :)

There is nothing that says the funds would have cleared by now. Based on your post, you did the transfer at 6.30 am. Banks don't open until 9am. You have given them 1hr 30 mins to complete a task that can take up to 3 days to fulfil, and you are already calling to chase, adding unnecessary traffic to their call centres and wondering why it's taking ages to answer.

Give them a chance, if it hasn't cleared on Monday I think it may be appropriate to check to see what's happened, but they will still be well within any guidelines for length of time required to make a transfer.

SadR0bot

Its not gone wrong, its just not happening as quick as you would like it to.

I have a current account with the Halifax and a joint account at Barclays, Ive done many transfers between accounts and can confirm that expecting it to take less than four hours is wildly optimistic.

accyuklad

Banned
well they said if it not cleared by tuesday they will after look into it but when i transfered the money i did get a error on halifax saying tech issue couldnt send money but it did very strange how it still sent

but i give it till tuesday

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom