Halflife 2

holtehero

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Finished it on the PC, looks fantastic with a radeon card.

It looks pretty good on the xbox, it should play exactly the same.

I would loved to see the next instalment on the 360...

mal60908 said:
It looks pretty good on the xbox,

have you seen the screen shots? the texture detail on it is awful...

still it was a good game, just didnt live up to the hype..... but then it was overhyped so i guess i should have expected that :)

captaineyecatch said:
:thumbsdow No multiplayer options.

The glass is always half full :hiya:

Cannot wait for this to come out, will have to get a preorder in :)

I thought it lived upto the hype on PC, some revolutionary ideas there which make alot of FPS games now seem behind the times.

Brilliant game, played it to death on the PC! As there's nothing extra to be had from the X-Box version then it's only really worth it for those who haven't played the PC version.

Still if you haven't played the PC version (there must still be someone out there) then this looks a good buy. It's still probably my fave FPS game (with Far Cry Instincts as a close 2nd). :smashin:

As there's nothing extra to be had from the X-Box version then it's only really worth it for those who haven't played the PC version.

I have played it on my mates PC (not fully though) but have not owned it on the PC so am looking forward to it on the xbox.

inzaman said:
I have played it on my mates PC (not fully though) but have not owned it on the PC so am looking forward to it on the xbox.

Nice one!! It's a superb game, I almost wish that i'd not played it through now. :D

I didn't play it on the PC as my machine was simply not fast enough (and i couldn't be bothered to build a new one)

So i willl definitely get this (just in case my 360 is delayed)

I've not played it either, will probably keep me busy when my 360 doesnt arrive :mad:

I can't believe they didn't wait for the 360 to release this on. I think it'll flop on the xbox due to 360 interest

holtehero said:
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/659/659503p1.html

15th November :eek:

Well if i don't get my 360 on launch day, will be buying this to tide me over, didn't realise it was coming out so soon

NOOOO.

Don't buy this on the xbox. Wait till the 360 version comes out or upgrade your PC!!

This looks too close to the orgional half life on the xbox. I have good pc and the graphics are awesome. It's worth waiting. It should be called Half Baked on the xbox. Theres's just not enough grunt to run it.

And some of the graphics were truly superb. Sure the story will still be great but the graphics help immerse you in it, and are spectacular.

Worth it for the 'gravity gun' levels alone (not going to spoil it).

EDIT ----

I think it's a bit cynical to release HL2 on the xbox. It would be like getting the pc version, lowering the resolution to 640*480 and turning of all the effects and setting low quality for everything. And how lame would that be?

If you have no intentin of buying and 360 or high spec pc then go for it, else it's definatlet worth the wait.

J

JayList said:
NOOOO.
EDIT ----

I think it's a bit cynical to release HL2 on the xbox. It would be like getting the pc version, lowering the resolution to 640*480 and turning of all the effects and setting low quality for everything. And how lame would that be?

If you have no intentin of buying and 360 or high spec pc then go for it, else it's definatlet worth the wait.

J

Why on earth SHOULDN'T XBox owners get the chance to play this? If having to cut the game down a bit meant that a title shouldn't be ported, there's loads of great games that we wouldn't have been able to play on our XBoxes.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the hype over the next-gen consoles. Yes, I'll almost certainly get one eventually but IMO MS killed off the XBox way too quickly in a desperate attempt to get the jump on Sony. Like many non-fanatical XBox owners, I'll wait and see what the PS3 is like before taking the plunge into next-gen.

Even if I still decide to go for the Xbox360, it'll be cheaper by then with a decent library of titles. In the meantime I'll continue to be able to enjoy a great library of XBox titles, many of which I've hardly played.

Gav

Like the previous poster I also finished the PC version, graphics were amazing as was the story and gameplay. The only let down is it was way to short it's not nearly as long as the first Half-life which took days to complete.

There are quite a few mods in the making for the PC version including a multiplayer team fortress so I guess they may get ported at some point :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom