1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Life 2 - The Ulitimate On-Line Game?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Waitsmusic, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Waitsmusic

Waitsmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

I have just got my copy of Half Life 2 and last night played the on-line version. Lumy! I thought that Doom 3 was good on-line, but this is just amazing! Am I the only one who thinks that this the best online game ever?

Waitsmusic
    PS If you haven't got it already, Powerplaydirect.com have it for 24.99 and they seem to have sorted their deliveries out - last time I ordered it took over 8 days to arrive - this was here in 4. ;)

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    Half Life 2 is not an online game mate - You register it online but that's it. Counter Strike Source (that comes with HL2) is online though - is that what you are referring to?

3. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Did i hear somewhere Valve were due to relaese a "surprise" for HL2 this week?
    Speculation for DOD or a new level for HL2 or some other online offer?

4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    HL: Source with HL2 models and textures with Multiplayer please

5. phoenixone

phoenixone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    half life 2 now has multiplayer deathmatch.

but only 2 maps.

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    Yeah gave it a bash the other day - it's OK, great fun chucking stuff about with the grav gun but there's not much too it and it's obviously something that's just been chucked together to give the game some sort of online side (apart from CS). I notice there's a developers kit to download as well so there should be loads of mods coming out soon.

The source engine is superb and IMO it redefines FPS gaming due to the way that you can interact within the world. I'd expect to see some great mods come from this as the possibilities are endless. Footie games, driving sims, flight sims, platform games as well as obviously FPS games should all be possible using the source engine. It's racing games in particular that I see being HUGE with the modders as all of the physics (gravity, Friction, the way materials deform, Grip between different surfaces etc) are already there in the engine!

Personally i'd love to see someone have a go at an online multiplayer Stunt Car Racer type game with crazy rollercoster type tracks! You could make a superb version with the Source engine! :thumbsup:

7. ReDuXsGiRl

ReDuXsGiRl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what my boyfriend tells me both CS-S and HL2-DM rock... I hear him cursing the computer a lot though!

8. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    lol sounds like stress therapy from work :) i know it helps me sometimes if i get a bad day at work hehe....

9. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I also get realle stressed when i play HL2 DM or CS Source. Still I always go back.

I wouldnt say that HL2 DM is the best online game ive ever player, but it is original in that the phisics can be played with.

I still feel that CS S is better over all as a multyplayer game, and othe games like Unreal Tournament 2004 are good online games.

Lets not forget othe genres too like RTS games and such!