half Life 2... \o/ movies :D

That last clip was amazing, i neverplayed half life so shall be getting this one.

can get sound but no video:(

Originally posted by Geezer
That last clip was amazing, i neverplayed half life so shall be getting this one.

never played half life!!!- you've not lived:rotfl:
You can get it on budget for £5 at play these days. I recomend you play it before you have a go at hl2. You can download patches etc which have higher res options now available so the game looks nicer than it originally did.
It's an absolute classic - still gets voted best game of all time in most pc gaming publications. Theres not much new on the fps front at the mo - a good time to get playing halflife :smashin:

File Planet have a higher res version of all the tech demo's including the first appearance of the 'striders'. Be warned, it's 587 megs but boy it looks good.

If the game looks this good on small video clips just thinks what Mods are going to look like once the programmers get going :)

WOW :clap:

Is the settings diffrent for these clips i can only get sound through media player no video help please:(

Check the version of media player you have. I'm using WMP9 and it plays fine on that. Also you can check for updates for your media player - maybe you don't have the latest codecs ?

I think you need the latest version of Divx? I installed this and after a reboot the video's played fine.

Russell

Its ok now it was my connection speed only being on 56k that was the problem :)

Got the 500+ meg version of the video, and well impressed for all the obvious reasons that i wont bore you with. Only thing that i find slightly worrying is that while i'm sure they demo'd it with a 9800 pro, and no doubt something lke a 3+ gig processor, it still didnt run completely fluid, ALL of the time. Yes, i know that its working out a lot of proper physics etc, but for me, if it doesent run at a constant 60fps+, then the illusion of 'reality' is ruined.

I might have put it down to the video clip, but some sections ARE completely smooth, so it cant be that. Still, early(ish) days yet - at least till September.

Dean

I just watched the big version and it is awesome. I've not been so excited about a game in years.
I didn't notice any dodgy graphical moments ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom