Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Half-Life 1 85hz fix...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by NinjaMonkeyUK, Sep 12, 2005.

1. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Hi everyone.

I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP on my PC. Naturally, this meant I had to reinstall all of my games and applications too.

I used to run all of my Half-Life 1 engine-based Steam games in 85hz through a small fix that I found while searching the Internet a long time ago. I can't play those games at 60hz for more than 10 minutes without getting a headache.

Does anyone know what the fix was? I'm sure its just a command line parameter or a setup file option, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was & I can't find the fix on the Internet anymore.

I am aware of programs like PowerStrip, but I do not want to run unnecessary background applications in Windows - I'm running an optimized copy at the moment with as few threads as possible.

I know it is possible to run Half-Life engine-based games in 85hz with no external tools. Can anyone remind me how to do it please?

2. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    No worries, I've fixed it. For anyone wanting to know, you can find the option in the ATi Catalyst Control Centre! :)