Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Half Height Cards // PCI / AGP // What's about?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Matthoulb, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Matthoulb

Matthoulb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of getting a Dell Optiplex and using it as a general test machine / server / media pc :) But if i go for a small one it will only take half height cards.

So what is available (in the UK ;)) for Graphics (AGP/PCI) / Sound / TV?

Obviously i don't want you to list products that cost a stupid amount of money :D

If not cards then what USB devices are available?

Thanks

2. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which Optiplex are thinking of getting, the GX260 range should have half height AGP but full size PCI slots (although not long enough for big PCI cards like th HOLO) I haven't seen any half height AGP cards so you are king of limited to PCI graphics and I don't know how well that will work.

Dan

3. Matthoulb

Matthoulb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GX60 or GX270... If i go for the smallest though they have half-height everything. If i go small desktop with a GX270 i get half-height agp and 2 normal pci's.