Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hairy PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by triumph, Feb 11, 2005.

1. triumph

triumph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Purchased Hitachi PJ TX 100 last November,on the third time of using I noticed not a common dust blob,but a ruddy great hair waving at me in the
    breeze from the fan.How the hell did that get there?
    Not wishing to fall foul of the dreaded Hitachi service bodgers I have decided
    on a two pronged attack.First after removing the filter I intend to seal the housing with duck tape and carefully insert the vacuum pipe from the wife's
    trusty dyson
    Following switch on I intend squirting an air duster into the exhaust outlets
    at the same time chanting,COOM OOT YE WEE HAIRY B*****D (Scottish
    accent very important). What are my chances of success? will I indeed triumph?

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Another weakness of LCD - follicle banding. ;)

Is it worth taking the lamp out, and seeing if you can get at it that way? Not sure how big a job removing the lamp is - can other TX owners comment?

Good luck either way!...PJ