• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hairy Dragon eyes.

g8ina

Prominent Member
This is a male Hairy Dragonfly, taken at my local patch Summer Leys, Northants. Nikon D200, Tamron 90mm macro. 1/250th F11 ISO400.

Cropped and resized in Photoshop, minimal sharpening, no other mods.

My first ever entry, and my first post in here for a very long time :)

Prominent Member
Really interesting photo, loving the detail. If there's one thing I've learned from the comp it's insects are surprisingly hairy close up! To be critical the cropping's a bit severe for me, I would like to see more of the subject.

g8ina

Prominent Member
For your interest only.

edit.

Oppsies, sorry.
I'll make that "see my Flickr pages for other detailed shots "

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
Really interesting photo, loving the detail. If there's one thing I've learned from the comp it's insects are surprisingly hairy close up! To be critical the cropping's a bit severe for me, I would like to see more of the subject.

+1 - would have been nice to see at least the whole head :)

For your interest only, not a comp entry :-

Only "supposed" to post the single compo. entry shot in this thread - others should really be posted in the "It's Not Valid" thread for this month - you could post a link to the post over there in this thread though ;)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom