Hair loss, has anyone tried taking Propecia.

paulr

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm losing my hair, not rapidly, but its going. I'm 48 and would rather not. Has anyone tried taking Propecia. From what i read, it is supposed to slow down, or stop MPB, with few side effects.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

thanks
Paul.

What's MPB ? Your 48 , i'm 3 years your junior, ten years ago my hair was down to my arse .

It's not a good look :D cut it off :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry mate but get a life!
This is a joke really!
Isn't it!

Sorry mate but get a life!
This is a joke really!
Isn't it!

bit harsh mate, I'm losing my hair at a very very young age and I decided to lose it gracefully i.e. cutting my hair really short, but saying that if I could afford stuff like regain or the above and if actually worked to slow it down than I would consider it.

At 48 I wouldn't worry! I lost my hair at 28! Got over it,shaved it.Havent worried since.Everyone that knows you will know what you're upto.I'd just grow old gracefully if I were you.Not an insult just my opinion

bit harsh mate, I'm losing my hair at a very very young age and I decided to lose it gracefully i.e. cutting my hair really short, but saying that if I could afford stuff like regain or the above and if actually worked to slow it down than I would consider it.

I'm 22 and have the same problem. I do use Regaine and it works for me. Hair loss has stopped and I've had regrowth as well with hair much thicker etc.

I'm not entirely sure what product the OP is talking about, not heard of it before.

By the way, I think saying things like 'you should just lose it gracefully and accept that it is going' is a bit shortsighted. There is clearly stuff out there that works to slow it down and stop it altogether so do whatever you feel comfortable with.

By the way, I think saying things like 'you should just lose it gracefully and accept that it is going' is a bit shortsighted. There is clearly stuff out there that works to slow it down and stop it altogether so do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Surely it's just a state of mind ? :)

CoolBreeze9 said:
I'm 22 and have the same problem. I do use Regaine and it works for me. Hair loss has stopped and I've had regrowth as well with hair much thicker etc.

I'm not entirely sure what product the OP is talking about, not heard of it before.

Not really,at 22 I can understand the problem.You're a young man,too young to go bald so I get why you would get stressed.But at 48 I think there's more important things to think about.Trust me,you get over it.Plus you don't have to pay for haircuts,shampoos and conditioners,gels etc! And...when you go out you don't have to look in any mirrors coz you'll know it looks exactly how you left it! It's just personal preference I suppose

Mine started to go once I got past 20, I really don't care to be honest.

Shaving my head every couple of days is a pain in the rear but I shave my face too so it's not much extra.

I'd personally save the dosh and lop the remainder off then spend the dosh on something nice. Being a baldie isn't a bad thing, once you realise that it's not a problem at all.

If it makes you feel any better I think going bald on top can improve your sex appeal ;)

Propecia has some serious side effects that the makers don't mention. I used to go to the gym with a bloke who was balding and he tried everything. Finastide regaine and these expensive shampoos, he still went bald in the end.

I have been taking Propecia in generic form (Finasteride) for around 9 months. Only side-effects I've encountered is the slow down and subsequent reversal of my 'average' hair loss / thinning. Of course some people do experience unwanted side-effects to varying degrees, so do what's best for you. Costs me around 23p a day and takes 5 seconds to take 1 small tablet every morning. It's my choice and if it helps me, personally, feel that bit more better about myself then who the hell should care!

Nothing worse than someone trying to make a little hair go a long way.

Invest in a pair of clippers and take the lot off.

Propecia has some serious side effects that the makers don't mention. I used to go to the gym with a bloke who was balding and he tried everything. Finastide regaine and these expensive shampoos, he still went bald in the end.

Yeah, it makes you lose your "horniness"...

Take it off , women love it anyway , and no your head is not shaped funny.

Yep started going bald at around 24. I still have hair but it's basically gone from the front to the back.
I just get the clippers on it.
Like Dave said.... One you get over the fact it's really not that bad.

Take it off , women love it anyway , and no your head is not shaped funny.
depends ... someone like Karl Pilkington has a head shaped like a :censored: orange

I used to have thick head of very long hair. Mine started to go in my early 30's and is now very much on its way out. First thing I did was to clipper the lot off down to a number 2 or 3.

Once you get over the shock, It's a very liberating experience, and not having to worry about your hair in the morning, wind or rain more than makes up for down sides.

Even if there was a magic cure, I'd still probably keep it very short.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom