1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haier L30CV6 30" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gazzer100, Aug 13, 2005.

1. gazzer100

gazzer100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    Spec says nothing about its tuner capabilities, if any. Is it NTSC,PAL or digital ?. Suspect it may just be a monitor. The back view shows something that might be an RF input, but it is not clear.

3. jas05

jas05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    Same spec - still does not say what the tuner is. I note the company also plan to market other TV's with PAL and NTSC capabilities. I like this bit from their website:

When the elegance and the quality cannot be disregarded, when the functional element become complement of equipment, the choice is one of the wonderful TV/LCD Haier, completely in aluminium e without noxiuses emissions.

Has anyone ever suffered from noxiuses emissions ?

5. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just noticed that someone has posted in the comments/reviews section on ebuyer that this LCD "THIS TV SUPPORTS ALL THREE HDTV MODES UP TO 1080\' IT HAS DVI INPUT AND HDMI INPUT ; )"

Wonder if this is true.

6. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've been looking at this myself. The spec on Ebuyer does state a DVI input, which I assume means it is HD ready.
    The only other thing I want to know is if I can hook up my multiregion DVD player and play US DVDs in native (NTSC) mode?

The response tme is also quite impressive. If this truly is HD and supports NTSC then hell, I'm getting one!! :thumbsup:

7. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    May seem like a bargain, but be very wary. Experiences in this forum of buying directly from Chinese manufacturers has not been very favourable. People have had difficulties getting repairs carried out or their money back. Their website gives no further details of the sets, the manuals and brochures are offered but are 'not available' to download, they appear to have no distributors in Europe except an Italian address. They have made very little attempt to describe their products in anything resembling English. I quote further on DVDs:

One of the faster standard, born like a product for the visualization, is now mature for replace the old analogic equipments with its various transformations in recording, home Theater installation and DiVX player.

Until I had more information I'd put my money elsewhere.

8. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Very fair comment... but the price, THE PRICE!!!! :(
    Absolutely agree with your point, and if it was just a matter of 50 or 100 quid difference then it is much easier to dismiss. But if this WAS a quality set (and I know there is no evidence of this...yet) then it would be daft not to get one....
    :suicide: