1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAIER 30" LCD TV AND SONY STR- DB925 AMP

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by manu1, Sep 19, 2005.

1. manu1

manu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to use the two speakers built in to the sides of the Haier LCD TV as the front L and R speakers of my 5.1 system. The amp is the trusted old STR DB925 by sony.
    I realise these speakers are probably rubbish but I am pressed for space and have been banned by the home government from wall mounting any further hardware with which to teach the children valuable lessons in looking where they're going - and first aid.

I was planning on connecting the L+R audio inputs of the TV to the L+R speaker out of the amp (red + white plugs to TV and bared wires clasped into the amp). Will this blow the input of the TV?
    There are separate audio inputs on the Haier TV for Chromatic inputs (Cr Yb etc..) are these of any use?

Any views appreciated

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I don't know it it will blow, because I've never heard of anyone daft enough to try it! Let the fire bridgade know before you give it a go! :suicide:

Seriously though, it won't work and will almost certainly do something very nasty. And those 'audio inputs for Chromatic inputs' are your component video inputs. You'll get no sound out of those!

Can't you just get a small sat-sub speaker set? It's probably the safest bet (literally) and would sound much better than trying to rig up some kind of "A-Team"-style improvised set-up.

3. manu1

manu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well ask a silly question.....