Had Sky HD installed -- looks fantastic!! sloppy installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by philrugbyuk, Jan 4, 2007.

1. philrugbyuk

philrugbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, after being a bit dissapointed with the picture from scart on my new Samsung 32" LCD (white surround) I decided to go for Sky HD. Had it installed on 31st December and it looks absolutly stunning, even the regular channels show a drastic improvement over my old regular box connected with scart. Just got to wait for my new upscaling DVD playing coming tomorrow and im all set.

I must say the Sky installers were a bunch of muppets. Not only did they not call me to tell me roughly when they were coming they looked scruffy as hell, went through 4 duff HD boxes before finding one that worked with a "hope this one works or you wont get HD today haha", they chucked the old part of the sky dish and about 4m of CAT V on my front lawn and didnt tack the cable run at all in the house leaving me to do it. Charming.

I expected a bit more professionalism for £360

That aside im really impressed with my setup now. King Kong looked amazing!

Phil

2. the sea dog

the sea dog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Get on the phone, make a strong complaint and see what you can get out of them. :thumbsdow

3. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Hi mate,

Well chuffed with Sky HD too.

My installers weren't exactly brilliant either.

Not as bad as yours, but left a a bit of a mess - the cables I had tidied round the back of the TV were left pulled out where he pulled the tv stand out.

They didn't make the call to Sky to enable my packakge + HD so had to do that myself. Also, they didn't carry out the install of my old Sky+ box to the multiroom position either - just left it in the Sky HD cardboard box!

Phoned and complained to Sky, refunded install cost no question.

Get on the phone to them...

PS Make sure you speak to Sky HD Customer Services

4. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    As a existing Sky+ subscriber, i couldn't jusitfy the £60 they were asking, so moved the old Pace 3100 to allow for multiroom, and bought a Sky HD box off of the bay fairly cheaply.

If a job's worth doing, you're better off doing it yourself.

5. tactile

tactile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine yesterday, it is indeed.. class. BBC is awesome.

got mine for £149 and free install due to the sky plus being moved upstairs, had the past 6 months for half price too and got the sky + box for free.

Ring them up, ask for it to be cancelled and they bend over backwards :devil:

6. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Why did you have your old sky dish hooked up with cat 5 cable? :eek:

7. nonsoloinglese

nonsoloinglese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    I have mentioned this on other threads but it depends if a contractor does it or a sky engineer installs it. I have had 'Custom' do my installation twice and they were both the most unprofessional set of people I have ever seen. I was shocked at the mess they made in the wall and had I been the landlord would have gone bananas. The box however worked, luckily!

8. philrugbyuk

philrugbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dads a Telewest engineer over in B'ham so I already had an idea of the standard to expect.

Dads job is going around clearning up the mess that the "thicket" (as he calls them) installers make. Shame there isnt an HD cable service in this area yet or I would have got it VERY cheap. :(

I give sky a call tomorrow. ;)