Had my PS5 for 2 days. What are my first impressions?

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloody brilliant. I have owned an Xbox X since launch and both are excellent. I think XBL just pips PSN in terms of games you get for free with the full sub but the PS5 is just that little bit better in terms of UI, PQ and experience with the new dual sense controller being the best. It's a mammoth console that dwarfes my XboxX and looks the busines. I also the system PlayStation use to record, edit and upload game videos using their Share Factory app. Much easier and better than trying to do the same on my Xbox.

I have a question though. I bought the digital edition PS5 from Game that came with a code for Fifa 23. I've gone into PSN on my console and added the download code but I cannot find anywhere to start the download without having to pay. Anyone who can point me in the direction as to how and where to start the game download. The code worked as I cannot use it again as its already been used by me.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you go to the Library section on the home screen the game should be in there for you to download.

No its not there. I inputed the correct code and it was accepted and the code is now not usable. Oh well, it was Fifa 23 and I was more interested in getting the console than that game that was part of a deal. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
In the Library, the first list you see isn’t what you purchased (if I recall) - if you click purchased icon is it in that section? I’ve never heard of a successfully redeemed code not appearing in the Library.

Many thanks. Yes I discovered where to find it and download it a few days ago. For someone who loves football but has never got on with football games I'm finding FIFA 23 to be very entertaining.

Cheers.

Can I ask why you got a PS5 if you have an Xbox X? I’ve got the X and a gaming pc I don’t know if I can justify a PS5 as well but I just keep getting that itch for new shiny things 😂

Apart from its all shiny I love Ratchet & Clank and the Uncharted games that are exclusives. I also like that I can record my gameplay, edit it in Share Factory and upload to YouTube. On my SeriesX it's seems that I can't do this as well, as it only allows a few minutes of recording. I'm not a fan boy of either and I love both my consoles.

Apart from its all shiny I love Ratchet & Clank and the Uncharted games that are exclusives. I also like that I can record my gameplay, edit it in Share Factory and upload to YouTube. On my SeriesX it's seems that I can't do this as well, as it only allows a few minutes of recording. I'm not a fan boy of either and I love both my consoles.
Cheers for the reply, I must admit I love the uncharted series, ratchet does look good but never really played it. I stream my Xbox to twitch then up.lad to you tube on my pc. I’d like a digital one but dint want a package just the console, I have loads of games from my previous subscriptions to play on PlayStation plus, if one pops up I might bite but no rush.

Yes that is a good point. I owned a PS4 and later a PS4 Pro, so I have a load of games I purchased digitally a few years ago and have them again now. The last Xbox I had before the Series X was the 360, that I loved. I've owned every generation of both brands. I was lucky as someone posted on the PS5 heads-up thread that game had stock with the Fifa23 bundle a couple of weeks ago, so I had to give it a go. I was lucky.

Can I ask why you got a PS5 if you have an Xbox X? I’ve got the X and a gaming pc I don’t know if I can justify a PS5 as well but I just keep getting that itch for new shiny things 😂

Some might say to you why did you get an xbox if you have a PC? considering you can play xbox exclusives on pc.

I have series x and recently got PS5, I wasn't going to bother but its playstation! I had to get one eventually, especially for all the awesome exclusives it has, as mentioned, Uncharted, Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, so many gems.

Some might say to you why did you get an xbox if you have a PC? considering you can play xbox exclusives on pc.

I have series x and recently got PS5, I wasn't going to bother but its playstation! I had to get one eventually, especially for all the awesome exclusives it has, as mentioned, Uncharted, Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, so many gems.
Convenience more than anything and my current monitor doesn’t do 4k hdr. I know what you mean though.

If you’re still after a PS5, check ‘PlayStation direct’, they seem to be sticking them lately.
Ye had one in my basket pal about 10 mins ago, I just can’t justify it with my pc and series X at the moment, I’ll pick one up next year maybe, thanks for the heads up.

How are you finding it, I managed to get a digital edition last night on the PS store, but I’m having buyers regret, I’ll have an Xbox x, gaming pc and ps5. Do you buy many games digitally? What subscription did you go for, looking at the catalogue I don’t know if I’d play any of those games anyway so the basic one might be enough. I’m in two minds to send it back once it arrives.

How are you finding it, I managed to get a digital edition last night on the PS store, but I’m having buyers regret, I’ll have an Xbox x, gaming pc and ps5. Do you buy many games digitally? What subscription did you go for, looking at the catalogue I don’t know if I’d play any of those games anyway so the basic one might be enough. I’m in two minds to send it back once it arrives.

I purchased one about 2 months ago, I have a series x as well.
I’m loving it, my Xbox isn’t getting as much love at the moment.
I got the extra sub as I there is a few things on it that I’m yet to play like death stranding, Detroit become human, miles marales.
Recently played Stray which is great.
Also plan to replay some that have ps5 enhancements like ghost of Tsushima and days gone eventually.

I purchased one about 2 months ago, I have a series x as well.
I’m loving it, my Xbox isn’t getting as much love at the moment.
I got the extra sub as I there is a few things on it that I’m yet to play like death stranding, Detroit become human, miles marales.
Recently played Stray which is great.
Also plan to replay some that have ps5 enhancements like ghost of Tsushima and days gone eventually.
Thanks for that, I just don’t know, the £390 is a lot of other games and subscriptions on other platforms, first world problems eh!

Thanks for that, I just don’t know, the £390 is a lot of other games and subscriptions on other platforms, first world problems eh!

It is, but I try not to look at it like that.

At first I wanted just one console this gen (series x), but 1 year later I really wanted the ps5. I don't get a lot of game time, only at weekends mostly, but its nice having both for when any killer exclusives come along.

Must say since I got my PS5 my Xbox has been gathering dust. Doesn't help that I bought the new call of duty for my PlayStation and I'm hooked on that currently.

Must say since I got my PS5 my Xbox has been gathering dust. Doesn't help that I bought the new call of duty for my PlayStation and I'm hooked on that currently.
Exactly same here, got new cod on ps5
as well.

Aside from multiplats, I really wonder what xb folks are actually playing on their series x. Apart from forza there's been nowt really. Very poor imo after 2 years.

I've got COD MW2, the new Ratchett & Clank, God of War 2018 remastered but I've been playing COD exclusively since its release. I'm at 2xprestige (110) and I'm loving it.

Aside from multiplats, I really wonder what xb folks are actually playing on their series x. Apart from forza there's been nowt really. Very poor imo after 2 years.

Well I can’t speak for anyone else but I don’t play MS games, so what I’m currently playing on there is Plague Tale Requiem, Persona, Life is Strange True Colours, Cult of the Lamb God, Mass Effect and Tunic. More really as I'm always playing fifty games at once. Looking forward to tackling the last Witcher 3 dlc, but I’m hoping the save transfer works between consoles as I’m intrigued to see what the haptics are like on PS.

What MS themselves release has always been of little concern to me, I’ve known since long before I bought my Xbox One like a decade ago that my favourite games are from many other developers.

Well I can’t speak for anyone else but I don’t play MS games, so what I’m currently playing on there is Plague Tale Requiem, Persona, Life is Strange True Colours, Cult of the Lamb God, Mass Effect and Tunic. More really as I'm always playing fifty games at once. Looking forward to tackling the last Witcher 3 dlc, but I’m hoping the save transfer works between consoles as I’m intrigued to see what the haptics are like on PS.

What MS themselves release has always been of little concern to me, I’ve known since long before I bought my Xbox One like a decade ago that my favourite games are from many other developers.
Yeah but you'd still be able to play most of those on a ps AND get some excellent first party games.
I used to love xb but bowed out after the 360, they just don't make anything decent, imo anyway. It's always been 'you wait til next year'.
Still waiting....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom