Had my PS3 for five days and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKork

Standard Member
Reaction score
... I want to sell it already :/

I have been very patient with Sony, sticking with my ancient PS2 while all my friends bought 360's and had a ball... and finally I have my playstation 3 (which cost a complete arm and a leg!) and just yesterday I found myself bored of motorstorm after the level 2 tickets, not wanting to go near resistance unless i could get a friend round for co-op and spending most my time on it drifting round the same track over and over in GTHD. Im thinking of buying Fight Night and Oblivion but Im just really dissapointed with the lack of backing behind the hype. I can pick up a 360 premium now for £200 and be spoiled for choice for games and this would also allow me to afford a nice new LCD OR i can continue to pay up my ps3 at £40 a month buy the odd average £40 game and wait all the way to september before anything decent comes along. The choice is obvious now really :( I feel like a nomad owning this machine and it looks like itll be hitting ebay within a matter of days.

Maybe you should of looked into what the ps3 had to offer at launch first and compare it to the 18 months the 360 catalogue has to offer ;)

stop moaning, take it back to the shop, and enjoy your 360.

and as for not wanting to play resistance unless you play co-op.... try an online game or getting past the first 2 levels of 1 player mode..

Yup the 360 offers the best gaming platform at the moment, Alot of games to choose from and Xbox Live is almost perfect, Go get yourself a 360 NOW :smashin:

Well, I wouldn't deny the fact that there is a lack of games out for the PS3 at the moment - as with any new console launch - but at least there are more decent ones for the PS3 with the EU launch. Resistance offers a far better storyline than Gears of War as far as I am concerned. And I love having fun in Motorstorm.

But hey, tastes differ. There will be some fantastic games out for it in the next few months, but if you cant wait then go ahead and sell your PS3. I am fortunate in that I got my 360 last October, but I can safely say that I wont be playing it as much as the PS3 in 6 month's time. The only game I am planning to buy for the 360 for now is Mass Effect. But I have 8 games on my list for the PS3!

With all due respect I don't know about others but I find it very annoying when people try to compare the selection of software on the PS3 and 360. The 360 has been out for 17 months now so obviously it's going to have a much better selection of games. What the :censored: were you expecting.

The PS3 has only been out 4 months in Japan and the US and less then one month over here. When the 360 first came out it had the same problem with a lack of software and even 7-8 months down the road it was still dire. Did you not do any research before you bought the PS3 to find out what the software situation is.

Furthermore after only 5 days you have decided it wasn't the right choice ? Sorry to sound so harsh but I find it pretty ridiculous that people are expecting the same level of sofware selection on the PS3 as the 360 this early in it's life. :eek: :rolleyes:

Why bother saying the 360 has been out for this and the PS3 that?

We are talking about what is the best for gaming NOW :rolleyes:

As we stand now the 360 is by far the better gaming machine for games and far superior for online gaming.

Yes the PS3 is fantastic, But at the moment lacking in games and decent online features.

Its my opinion that in a year or two the PS3 may very well lead the way, But the OP want the best availible now, Thats the 360, Ok? :rolleyes:

Im not comparing, I am simply saying that even in months to come it will still be the same scenario... I will buy the PS3 again when it becomes more established. If I do buy a 360 can anyone tell me do any companies sell a Playstation style controller for use with it? I still hate their controllers :/

As we stand now the 360 is by far the better gaming machine for games and far superior for online gaming.

Yes the PS3 is fantastic, But at the moment lacking in games and decent online features.

Its my opinion that in a year or two the PS3 may very well lead the way, But the OP want the best availible now, Thats the 360, Ok? :rolleyes:

That's not the point. My comments were valid and it seems too many people seem to have the same view as the OP. Besides he is the one that brought up the 360 and how there was a better selection of games for it. The point is 4 months after the 360 was released it was in the same situation. People were complaining then about the 360 and they are complaining now for the same reason about the PS3. If people are buying a PS3 now and expecting the same level of games selection as the 360 then ofcourse they will ne dissapointed. That expectation is not valid at this stage in the PS3's life.

I am simply saying that even in months to come it will still be the same scenario

As it was with the 360. Why not buy a 360 rather then a PS3 then in the first place ?

Im not comparing, I am simply saying that even in months to come it will still be the same scenario... I will buy the PS3 again when it becomes more established. If I do buy a 360 can anyone tell me do any companies sell a Playstation style controller for use with it? I still hate their controllers :/

Im suprised you find the 360 controller bad, Most find it to be far superior.

... I want to sell it already :/

I have been very patient with Sony, sticking with my ancient PS2 while all my friends bought 360's and had a ball... and finally I have my playstation 3 (which cost a complete arm and a leg!) and just yesterday I found myself bored of motorstorm after the level 2 tickets, not wanting to go near resistance unless i could get a friend round for co-op and spending most my time on it drifting round the same track over and over in GTHD. Im thinking of buying Fight Night and Oblivion but Im just really dissapointed with the lack of backing behind the hype. I can pick up a 360 premium now for £200 and be spoiled for choice for games and this would also allow me to afford a nice new LCD OR i can continue to pay up my ps3 at £40 a month buy the odd average £40 game and wait all the way to september before anything decent comes along. The choice is obvious now really :( I feel like a nomad owning this machine and it looks like itll be hitting ebay within a matter of days.

If you're not happy with the PS3 then sell it and get something that you do want like the 360 or LCD TV you mentioned.

I had my 360 for over a year and my Wii for a few weeks before getting my import PS3 in January and don't regret getting any of them, but I was comfortable with paying the appropriate prices for them. However I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought them and was under no illusions as to what they would provide me with, that's resulted in me being very happy with all 3.

Take this as a learning experience and research your future purchases before chucking your "complete arm and leg" at them.

patience is a virtue

yes ps3 only had a few great games as did the 360 on launch. but it give you more time to enjoy them.

Resistance is a great game and motorstorm is spot on.

But this dry spell is to be expected on launch consoles, it will soon heat up with aug/sept getting hotter.

I remember when i got the ps2 on launch all i had for ages was SSX, Timesplitters and smugglers run :)

I guess some people are very hard to please!

Personally I think a launch lineup that includes Resistance, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7, Virtua Tennis 3 and Virtua Fighter 5 is pretty damn good! Then with Oblivion following shortly after, you've got months of entertainment :thumbsup:

Also, as others have mentioned, if you're going to spend over £400 on a games console, surely you'd have weighed up all the pros and cons beforehand, rather than splashing out first and then realising there aren't many games that appeal to you?

Mod Comment:-

If this thread decends in to mud slinging I'll have no choice but to close it.

Please try and discuss the points raised in a civil manner.

Thanks, Dave.

OK lets sort out thekorks problem....Sell the PS3 on Ebay or here on AVForums...buy an XBox360 and join all your mates on "Live"...nomad no more...games galore:) .....:lease:

It will probably be ebay because I want to try and get almost the full amount back and pay off the finance for it. I seen xbox360 premium for £199.99 off some german amazon seller. Anyway back to the PS3... I played resistance some more tonight and I agree it does get better but the lack of PS3 only games in the near future is also forcing the sale. I did read up extensively before purchasing, its just a case of now i have it iv changed my mind...

I like the ps controller better because im a d-pad man and i hate the 360 dpad.

and monkey this isnt a thread about "why would I want a ps3 when I have an xbox 360" its just an opinion from me and I have been very loyal to the playstation brand. In my current circumstances its a PS3 or 360 + HDTV and I went for the ps3 being loyal.

If you want plenty of games buy a PC, it beats all consoles hands down...:smashin:

It will probably be ebay because I want to try and get almost the full amount back and pay off the finance for it. I seen xbox360 premium for £199.99 off some german amazon seller. Anyway back to the PS3... I played resistance some more tonight and I agree it does get better but the lack of PS3 only games in the near future is also forcing the sale. I did read up extensively before purchasing, its just a case of now i have it iv changed my mind...

and monkey this isnt a thread about "why would I want a ps3 when I have an xbox 360" its just an opinion from me and I have been very loyal to the playstation brand. In my current circumstances its a PS3 or 360 + HDTV and I went for the ps3 being loyal.

Check your finance deal terms and conditions, you may have a cooling off period built in, that way you'd not be out of pocket.

I don't see how you can have read up on it extensively before purchase, it's not as if the lack of PS3 only games in the future is a sudden revelation. To be honest it reads like you were a PS2 fan that was waiting on the PS3 no matter what instead of looking at what was readily available on the 360 and would be available on the PS3.

This may well be an expensive lesson as if there is no way to return it you certainly won't get your money back through ebay, the PS3 is too easilly available. Loyalty should be to good games, not a brand of console.

and monkey this isnt a thread about "why would I want a ps3 when I have an xbox 360" its just an opinion from me and I have been very loyal to the playstation brand. In my current circumstances its a PS3 or 360 + HDTV and I went for the ps3 being loyal.[/QUOTE

We all have a choice and we all probably think we are right.I have a PS3 and love it to bits after selling my PS2 and buying an XBOX360 at launch I am delighted to be back with Sony...2 faulty XBOX360`s and 3 very noisy consoles later I was constantly waiting for the damn thing to go wrong...Give it credit some great games are now available and Live is superb but its not what I want...I am prepared to wait for the stunning games planned for the PS3

Many people are saying - NOW 360 has better games

But the whole point of buying these nex-gen consoles is about investement & what you'll have 5 - 6 years down the line.

So from that perspective PS3 is the better choice.

I personally think motorstorm is fantastic & I'm still not bored of it, Resistance is great & I imported oblivion from AMerica & it's dam addictive,

So for me no games needed until july end when LAIR comes out & that looks fantastic.

I had a ps3, I sold my xbox 360 to get it. I was fully aware what games were coming out in the near future etc but when I finally tried certain games such as resistance etc I just didn't enjoy them. Motorstorm was great but there isn't much longevitiy for me personally. I ended up playing virtua tennis (which looks superior to the 360 version). Online isn't really important for me, there are loads of idiots online, and I personally don't like the way games are focusing mainly on the online side of things.
I don't like having things sitting around not doing anything so for me selling the ps3 and investing in a 360 which would get more use for was a better option for me.
The ps3 is technically a better console than the 360 and I am pretty certain that in a 18months time the ps3 will be the console to own.
Either way as i've said if the ps3 gets a superior version of pro evo then i'll be investing in another ps3 sooner rather than later. I got a ps2 just for pro evo, and had the great bonuses of gran turismo, tekken and metal gear :D
Playstation is better for me as it has my prefered franchises, I don't give a damn about halo, and prefer gran turismo to forza. I'll be picking up forza 2 as there aren't any other options for a decent racing sim at the min on next gen consoles.

The PS3 is a great console and a lack of software is naturally to be expected soon after a console launch. I can't understand why anyone would buy one without knowing what games were coming out for it first though.

To be honest there are a lot of quality games already out (or coming out soon) on it and if you don't own a 360 then you probably won't have played them either.

Try - Oblivion, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night Round 3, Rainbow Six Vegas & GRAW2.

Bottom line though - if you don't like it then sell it. :)

Once again I'm going to reiterate that all opinions are welcome here whether you agree with them or not.

I will not close this thread just because some members feel strangely affronted by negative comments made towards the PS3.

I'm going to delete all off topic posts and if anyone else posts about fanboys posting in the PS3 forum I'll simply delete the post. It's not on, people are entitled to their opinions and perfectly within their rights to post them here without having the fanboy label thrown at them.

Dave.

Sorry but, actually, the best for gaming right now would be an all-singing-all-dancing PC :rotfl: (around £4k should do it). Connected to a 7.1 AV amp and a 1080p TV with high speed broadband connection.

Not sure what the ratio of PC vs 360 games is but I would bet my life, the universe and everything that the PC has more. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :rotfl: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom