Had any dealings with this company?

the whistler

Prominent Member
Anyone here had any dealings with Buy Laptops, TVs and Kitchen Appliances from Buy It Direct ( or laptopsdirect.co.uk ) based in Huddersfield ?

I ordered a printer from them on Friday. The website said 'order before 6pm for next day delivery, and I paid the extra carriage for Saturday delivery. I didn't arrive Saturday so I phoned customer services and after waiting for ages in a queue (on an 0871 10p per minute number) I eventually managed to speak to an operator who advised me it had been resceduled for Monday pre noon delivery. Guess what .... it still hasn't arrived!

I'm reluctent to phone them again as the last call cost me £2, but fortunately there are other methods of contacting them. On there web site they have a 'chat to an operator' option. However after initiating a call I have waited over an hour and still no response. They also have on their website a quick response e-message service, however I have sent two emessages the first one Saturday morning and received no reply from either of these.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this company and had similar experiences?

EDIT: Just done some googling on this company and found this
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=752543&page=2
Alarm bells are starting to ring!!!!!

Last edited:

GBDG1

Distinguished Member
01484 319818
01484 328202

Are alternatives to the 0871 numbers and should save you some money. My only experience of them is postive, my boss ordered a laptop and needed it delivered the next day - he phoned them up at about 4pm and the laptop was delivered the next day. The company name is "Easy computers Limited" by the way, all the others are trading names.

Last edited:

the whistler

Prominent Member
Just a quick update on this.

I spent an hour waiting for a 'live chat' response on Monday but when I eventually made contact the operator said he couldn't help me as he only dealt with sales. However I argued that it was a sale that hadn't been delivered and managed to persuade him to look at the order.

He than advised me that as it was a printer would never have been delivered at weekend (strange that they had been happy to take my money for Saturday delivery!). In fact it appeared that it hadn't been scheduled for any delivery and had been left in limbo.

The operater then agreed to reschedule it for next day delivery, but as it was getting late (although still before the cut off time) he felt it would probably be Wednesday.

Guess what ...... its now 5pm Wednesday and it still hasn't arrived. I suppose it could be an early evening delivery but I have my doubts.

Guess I won't be ordering again from this company.

The latest video from AVForums

The BEST TV of 2023? LG G3 MLA OLED Evo TV Review - COMPARED to Samsung S95C & QN95C
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom