1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a visit from some Television repair men today.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jtorry, Mar 25, 2002.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The problem I have is a bad case of image persistence so an image will stay on the screen for too long giving rise to ghosts on screen such as faces apearing where they shouldn't and lights streaking across the screan when panning. Anyway they arrived and I showed them the problem. They said "as yes thats a problem with the VM". Then they took down the serial number of the TV and phone up technical support. While one of them was on the phone the other one stood there telling me that the problem was with my DVD player (pioneer DV 545) that is 18 months old and hence giving a bad picture. I told him this was wrong but he refused to belive me. The other technician then came back and told me that the problem is with all the JVC AV32WFT1 sets. He then told me that it was to do with the VM again and then started to talk about 100Hz. I soon stoped him and told him that the set was not 100Hz. After a while he phoned up technical suport again and was told that the set was infact 50Hz as I had told him. I could here what the man on the other end of the phone was saying and basically gave a completely different diagnosis of the problem than the two repair men had. In the end they went with the new solution and told me they had to order some parts. It is now going to be at least another week before they can get the parts. Basically I thought they were useless and I will be surprised if the new parts fix the problem. Has anyone else has similar experience with repair men?

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    i agree, even when i was paying for my repairs, they were useless and knew nothing.

I even had to explain to them how w/s switching works, but they still refused to believe me. They thought the "smart" mode on a Sony TV, was used to switch between 4:3 and 16:9, and kept telling them, this just filled the screen with the incoming picture...so 4:3 were all stretched, and 16:9 and 2.35:1, were tall and thin....

So a recap.....THEY ARE USELESS....!