Had a strange issue tonight- 5450, 7MC, TMT

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by Grangey., Nov 27, 2010.

1. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Hi all,

well tonight i finally decided to make full use of my freshly built HTPC with all movies ripped.

Before I continue, a few facts.

Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    AMD 5450
    TMT Platinum 3 installed

NOTHING ELSE codec wise

So first, I tried to play back my main movie rip of "The Crazies" bluray, pressed play and as expected TMT opens up... then the movie immediatey in what would appear to be x2 or x3 normal speed. I tried this both with the integrated TMT3 in 7MC, and also standalone with the same result.

So, i think nothing more than maybe a very bizzare rip failure, I then play "Brothers" bluray backup and all works fine the whole way through.

So thats done, and I thought id have a look at the "Msn Video" TV thing, so it asks me to install, installed, asks me to install/update silverlight, done, so ready to go I pick a random show just to see how it works, and then again just like the crazies bluray it starts to play at x2 or x3 speed to what it should. Now again remember here, this does not use TMT at all, this goes through the native 7MC codecs and there is no control in either TMT or 7MC to increase playback speed (other than FFW or RW, neither of which make any difference).

So now Im truely stumped, The Crazies rip is one thing as like I said I figured it could be a bad rip or a TMT issue, but the fact internet streaming through the microsoft service was giving me the exact same result would indicate theres something different in the mix.

Can anyone suggest anything?? I dont see how it could be a missing codec as its not like ive played around with it at all, equally I have no idea what would cause such different formats to playback in such a strange way.

I would really appreciate any advice or input on how to solve this as I really dont know where to start :S

I guess the other problem is I wasnt able to test The Crazies before installing TMT as naturally i needed it installed to playback, likewise I didnt test the video service until everything should have been ready so its not like I can troubleshoot easily.

Has anyone experienced anything similar??

Im on Catalyst 10.9a with hotfix if that makes any difference.

Thanks again in advance, i really hope one of you can help

Grangey

2. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Also just incase theres any questions around it, my blurays are ripped in the native .m2ts format

3. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Update, turned out somehow this was an audio driver at fault. I was using the RealTek driver as I had read previously that this was best to use, updated the driver via windows update to the ATI driver and all the playback worked again.

Now have a few niggly issues such as the stand alone tmt plays back in PCM where as integrated outputs HD Audio (ive played with the settings and still cant sort it), and a few other things, but thats the main issue solved. I may re-install the realtek drivers an dsee what happens but thought Id let you know.

4. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Update: now all sorted with ATI drivers, just needed a restart or two and TMT working fine along with bitstreaming too :)