HAcking R2 dvd player @home same as in shop?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Dwayneburke, May 17, 2004.

1. Dwayneburke

Dwayneburke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im about to buy a region yamaha dvd s540

However they asked me did i want it multi-region i.e. add £20 extra

Did a bit of searching on the net and found the following hack

Does anyone know if this is the hack they would use in the shop and then charge me for it?

Also is this what retailers normally do i.e. do they also search the net for codes or do they have "some form of official way of making them multi-region?"

Also will i need to this evreytime i want to have multi region or is it a one time only thing?

1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
    2. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    3. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    4. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    5. Press the 9 button on your remote control
    6. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback

2. bigb

bigb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    many dvd players are now made region free with codes that are easily found on the net. There are some dealers that will do an internal mod but usually its a good bit more than £20. I am sure your dealer will be doing your region free with codes-so save yourself £20 and do it yourself ;) ;)

3. Dwayneburke

Dwayneburke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Will this keep it region free for good? or will i have to do it each time iwant to view a R1 DVD

I rang and ordered it anyway, and they really did push the region free hack on me,, I just said i will take care of it myself (they did not seem too pleased mentioned downloading them off the net)

Tks for that

:smashin: :smashin:

4. MACCA_yamaha

MACCA_yamaha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the hack will work constantly, but you will be able to change it back if needed... and it does work... ive tryd the same hack on my mates and it worked perfectly... :thumbsup: :clap: