Hacking a Pacific DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by davegtt, Oct 6, 2005.

1. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone done it? Hacked my 1001 to play R1 DVDs and gave it a try yesterday but its very jumpy and far from smooth, just about watchable but when Ive spent a fortune on the telly and the picture doesnt look quite right its annoying. the other R2 DVDs are fine just wondered if anyone else has done it and got similar results to me

2. GJC

GJC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I did the remote handset hack on my kids Pacific DVD Player playback is fine on R1/R2 and Region Free DVDs.

Advert published recently mentions Asda selling the Pacific player under a different brand for £19.99 at the moment. These things are becoming throw away items like kettles and toasters

3. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmm, OK then, maybe the disk is duff.... will have to bring it into work and see if it works OK on the PC...

4. gearguy

gearguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure your output is set to NTSC or Auto because if it's set to PAL it automatically changes the field rate to 50Hz which will give a skippy appearence due to frames being cut out to keep the playback speed correct :D

5. sy278

sy278

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Thats the Durabrand Player and is nothing like the Pacific machines is build or playback quality, the durabrand doesnt even have an onboard display.