Hacked off with Dixons

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nigel77, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nigel77

nigel77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Well just recieved my Samsung 40M86 from Dixons online and I'm not impressed. The box is soaking wet on the base and 6" up around the sides. Upon carefully removing the lid to the box I found that there is no protective cover on the screen, surely that can't be right? And it looks none "factory packed". I phoned up Dixon's to say that I want it to be replaced and I have been told I'll have to wait another 14 days.

Has anyone else had bad service from Dixon's

Nigel

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    has anyone had GOOD service when you have a problem would be a more appropriate question.tell them your calling trading standards straight awa.14days is a joke.

3. cedric

cedric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am sure I have read on other threads that surprisingly you don,t get a protective film on lcd screens when they are packaged?

4. nigel77

nigel77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks for the replyies. That does suppries me I thought that something costing £1000 in most stores would be treated like eggs, eg well packaged with protective film etc. I know Currys, dixons and Comet are all poor in the service department.

5. MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    As per Cedric, I dont think many if any come with a protective film on the screen.. It seems a lot of boxes come wet at the bottom... Just seems that during the winter they take it out of the warehouse and put it outside on the floor after a down pour or even during then load the wagon.. Usually these boxes are designed to be able to cope. However if it looks like a non factory packed box then it possibly is a rejected set returned.....

Why dont you advise them of this forum and give them the link.. I am sure they wont like bad publicity. I did it with KOMPLETT and Boy did they jump..

6. Spiderkid

Spiderkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    My Samsung was perfectly packaged but didn't have a protective film over the screen (just over the black glossy surround). I think computer monitors still come with the protective film but apparently not LCDs.

Having said that it's still pretty crap, sounds like it could be a store return which they're selling as new. I tend to avoid Dixons, Currys and Comet (and PC World) for big purchases for this very reason. They'll all about the profit and once a product is out of the door they simply don't care. :thumbsdow

7. Pallaris

Pallaris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    :( Sorry to hear it. Sounds like you've been issued a used 'returned' unit. That's the reason I refuse to buy another TV online from now on as you simply don't know what you're getting. I'd much rather be able to view/test the unit i'm about to take home, and if that isn't practical in the shop then I can at least return the unit myself within a day rather than go through the often painful RMA process. 14 days my arse!!.

I am absolutely convinced hundreds of sets are returned each week by scrupulous customers (like us) under the long distance selling regulation for issues like dead pixels, banding, clouding etc... issues that are often within the manufacturers spec as well and wouldn't be classed as faulty. I would not be surprised if the majority of these sets are packaged up and sold as new :(

Hope you get it sorted.

8. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same screen on order with Dixona so we'll see. it's going to be best part of 2 weeks before it arrives (which i don't mind)

Becuase i'll be home when it arrives i'll check the box and TV before signing for it otherwise i'll send it straight back if i'm not happy.

I think the OP was sent a used screen by the sound of it

9. jinxyav

jinxyav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been waiting almost 2 weeks for my order already and if it turns up in the same sort of condition as you described I will not be happy!

I wish I knew about the rubbish service Dixons offers before I ordered as I would have steered well clear, just hope people reading this have the sense to avoid them, I will be in the future! :thumbsdow

10. mark1000

mark1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +863
    Don't know about sammy's but my sony screen was in a protective foam like bag and my son took del of a new toshiba and that was in the same sort of bag too.

Mark.

11. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lets see what happens. Yes delivery is slow but the condition in which the OP's screen turned up may have been a one off

12. jondy1

jondy1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    as was my sharp, no protective bag=good chance of a return

13. Schumi 01

Schumi 01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I must admit i had great service off Dixon's mine turned up last week, box all sealed and protective cover over the whole LCD, like some kind of Bag, i do have another one on the way next week so hopefully i will receive the same service. :thumbsup:

14. ShiggyWiggy

ShiggyWiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got one on order so I'll be checking it over carefully when it arrives to make sure its in good condition.

15. freedman

freedman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought both 32in and 37in Samsungs in the last 12 months (the 37 from Dixons)

Both came with the foam protection over the whole screen

16. Ice_Black

Ice_Black
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sound like LCD has been re-sold to you.