HACK FOR THE Sony DVP NS975v

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by bannani, Jun 26, 2005.

1. bannani

bannani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I intend to buy from US , during a trip, the dvd player Sony DVP NS975V mainly cause it is one of those that can output 480i from its dvi output. I would like to make it region free, did anyone have an idea how to make it all zone?
    Thanks for your help
    Bruno

2. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Pointless buying a Region 1 Sony machine to mod it! Nothing to do with multiregion, but video formats. Buy a European machine instead, then mod it as european / UK models have to be both PAL and NTSC compatible for region 2 (UK & Europe is PAL, Japan is NTSC).

A region 1 Sony model is NTSC only, no PAL support, so won`t ever read a PAL R 2 disc even if you managed to mod it....

3. bannani

bannani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the thing is it is ry rare product, quite rare to find a dvd player that can handle 480 i through the dvi output with pioneer 868, but it is not the same price, and the sony model is not available in Europe, That is the reason why ;)

4. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    All new high end Sony models will support this, the old DVPNS955 is replaced Septemebr with a new model that features HDMI out, etc, and as its a UK model is PAL and NTSC compatible.

5. bannani

bannani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, that mean a new solution is coming not too expensive, I suppose?

6. bannani

bannani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately the new model NS90 does not appear to handle 576i through Hdmi as it was expected and since the 975 could not be region free :(