Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Scoobycity, Dec 30, 2004.
Did anybody find a hack for this yet? I'm desparate to use my new toy but can't play the one dvd I really wanted to play as it's region 1!
Also, on another note, I tried to use the copy facility to copy a NTSC video onto DVD but that won't work - I get an error message saying the disc has a different tv system to current input picture. Pal works fine.
Help much appreciated as right now I'm feeling very disheartened that I've spent £200 on something I can't use.
Hi, I read your post and hope that this will help.
1. Turn your machine on with no tapes or discs present.
2. On your remote control press the set up button.
3. On your remote control press the right navigation arrow button( next to the enter button) until you get to the System Info Screen.
4. Read the on screen list and you should find that it ends at "Loader Version"
5. On your remote control type in 1 1 0 1 - This should then add an additional item of Region Code to your list.
6. On your remote control type in which ever one of the following that you need....
0 - For region free.
1 - USA, Canada
2 - Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
3 - S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
4 - Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
5 - Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
6 - China
7. On your remote control press Enter to confirm.
8. Exit the setup program slip in the disc you wanted to watch and you should be all set.
Again I hope this helps and you are not so disheartened.
All the best
Separate names with a comma.