HACK FOR SONY S9000es

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by flunge, Jan 12, 2008.

1. flunge

flunge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    HI.does anyone know an easy hack for a Sony S9000es ?

2. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I've just bought one of these heavy beasts myself to replace the newer 999ES, the 999ES has extra features but nothing like the build quality the 9000ES has, 13kg for a dvd player is bonkers :rotfl:

One feature i would like to see is cd-r playback and wondered if it might be unlocked in the service/factory menu somewhere?

Does anyone know how to access these?

Ben

3. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    No "easy" hack at all for this, its too old (over 7 years!).

It can only be modded via a hardware mod - opening the unit, removing the TSOP soldered firmware, reprogramming it, and then reinstalling it via a hot air SMT re-work station, plus a PIC and resisitor to aid the switching of regions via remote. Cost over £100 when still offered this a few years back.

Needless to say, not worth doing anymore! I sold my machine after modding it 4 years ago, its not that brilliant, my old S7700 outperformed it in terms of picture....

4. flunge

flunge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the reply justin, Iam suprised you did not think much of the picture quality I find pictures from the 9000 excellent via my pioneer plasma

5. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I`m not saying theres anything wrong with the picture quality, but you have to remember its a 7 year old machine, and it was aimed as a Audiophile deck rather then a Videophille deck. At the end of the day, you are paying for the audio performance of the machine, the video performance wasn`t any better then the S7700 which it replaced. I still use the S7700 onother system and cannot fault it even after 8 years use!

My friend whom bought mine recently sold his after buying a second hand Marantz DV7600 which well outperforms the picture with its upscaling, etc. Out of the change, he bought a HD-EP30 also! Basically if you are happy with it, then keep it, but forget about modding it, as its not simply worth it you`ll never get your money back.....