HACK FOR SONY S9000es

morksbeanbag

Novice Member
I've just bought one of these heavy beasts myself to replace the newer 999ES, the 999ES has extra features but nothing like the build quality the 9000ES has, 13kg for a dvd player is bonkers :rotfl:

One feature i would like to see is cd-r playback and wondered if it might be unlocked in the service/factory menu somewhere?

Does anyone know how to access these?

Ben

[email protected]

HI.does anyone know an easy hack for a Sony S9000es ?
No "easy" hack at all for this, its too old (over 7 years!).

It can only be modded via a hardware mod - opening the unit, removing the TSOP soldered firmware, reprogramming it, and then reinstalling it via a hot air SMT re-work station, plus a PIC and resisitor to aid the switching of regions via remote. Cost over £100 when still offered this a few years back.

Needless to say, not worth doing anymore! I sold my machine after modding it 4 years ago, its not that brilliant, my old S7700 outperformed it in terms of picture....

flunge

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply justin, Iam suprised you did not think much of the picture quality I find pictures from the 9000 excellent via my pioneer plasma

[email protected]

Thanks for the reply justin, Iam suprised you did not think much of the picture quality I find pictures from the 9000 excellent via my pioneer plasma
I`m not saying theres anything wrong with the picture quality, but you have to remember its a 7 year old machine, and it was aimed as a Audiophile deck rather then a Videophille deck. At the end of the day, you are paying for the audio performance of the machine, the video performance wasn`t any better then the S7700 which it replaced. I still use the S7700 onother system and cannot fault it even after 8 years use!

My friend whom bought mine recently sold his after buying a second hand Marantz DV7600 which well outperforms the picture with its upscaling, etc. Out of the change, he bought a HD-EP30 also! Basically if you are happy with it, then keep it, but forget about modding it, as its not simply worth it you`ll never get your money back.....

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom