Hack For Pioneer Dv525 Dvd Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by dragon, Feb 25, 2001.

1. dragon

dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried the basic hack using remote, going to set up, then general, then setting basic then display then condition memory then entering the region i want then pressing display again, this didnt work, any ideas please,

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dragon,
    Not trying to be smart,but if you look down a few topics on this forum you will come across the pioneer dvd and the answer to this hack is there...Good Luck

martinc

3. dragon

dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey martinc, if you mean the one about what i described in my orginal message, guess what, it dont work, thats why i asked if anyone else had any ideas

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry! Thought you did not see that one.Have you tried www.dvdreviewer.co.uk

might be worth mentioning.

martinc

[This message has been edited by martinc (edited 26-02-2001).]

5. dragon

dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but it aint on that site, i have already checked, looks like the pioneer dv525 has no hacks, oh well looks like i gotta do it the hard way and get it chipped, thanx anyway,

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,895
    AFAIK, the handset hack for the 525 described elsewhere in this forum only works on chipped players. There is no way to hack a "pure" R2 version of any current Pioneer, other than by chipping.

7. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +770
    I own a Pioneer DV515 and, as far as I know, the Pioneers can only be hardware hacked. Funnily enough, on my chipped player I change regions the way that you have described above. I think that this information that you have received is for previously chipped players.