Hack for Denon ADV-500SD?

Hi guys.

Please look at the thread carefully. Sasquatch has been kind enough to host the files on his website. His message appears a few posts ago. I will repeat it here for your benefit: http://www.leedsdig.plus.com/.

It would be nice of you to READ the thread before posting.

If you read my message correctly I am looking for the firmware for the 550SD not the 500SD. That link is only for the 500SD.

Again, can anyone help?

Hi all, I have the 550 firmware too, although it doesn't say so on the webpage. I don't even have a Plusnet account anymore so i'm suprised its still up. When it does eventually get deleted tell me and i'll host it elsewhere.

The firmware is at www.leedsdig.plus.com/E5D057_GC0S.ab5 The checksum is E946727CEB34C56AA27F80820A278EAB, Use the checksum program at http://www.irnis.net/soft/acsv/ to check you have an uncorrupted copy of the file. Burn the firmware to a disc and follow the instructions below, they're different to the ones on my site. No need to use a dummy file with this firmware,

Feel free to ask any questions,

Sasquatch

DVD-550SD software mod

1. Connect the DVD player to your display device
2. Power up the DVD player
3. Using the remote control, type in 9876 then press the "search mode" button on the bottom left of the remote
4. when the tray opens, put in the mod disc and close the tray
5. wait for the reading, erasing and programming process to complete (approx 5
minutes wait)
6. When the tray opens, take out the disc but DO NOT CLOSE THE TRAY
7. Unplug the DVD from the mains (do not close tray), wait a few seconds then plug back into socket.
7. The software update is now complete.

Worked a treat, downloaded the file on HD, used checksum to verify file then copied file using Nero onto a CD and then followed instructions. Worked a treat.

I am using component video and the process will reset all your setting back to scart.

Hi Guys,

The instruction look easy to follow.
I just wanted to check, the website says its for the DHT model, is this the same file for the ADV model?

Cheers

i have a denon adv 500sd and the instructions seem to be for a dht500, should this work for the adv500 ad the file name is adv5000

Does anyone have the original firmware to convert back, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Paul

I can vouch for the multiregion hack given above, I downloded it, burnt a CD and upgraded my machine all in 10 mins, I can now watch all my R1 disks again! Thanks Sasquatch

Me too. Did it last night. Once checked and burnt on to disc, took only a couple of minutes to convert to multi region.
Thanks Sasquatch.

Ps If you read this, would love to know how you came about the hack if you wanna PM me.
:clap: :thumbsup: :) :clap:

runner125 said:
Me too. Did it last night. Once checked and burnt on to disc, took only a couple of minutes to convert to multi region.
Thanks Sasquatch.

Ps If you read this, would love to know how you came about the hack if you wanna PM me.
:clap: :thumbsup: :) :clap:

See post #3. I don't think Sasquatch is around anymore.

Hi, the firmware is at www.leedsdig.plus.com/E5D057_GC0S.ab5 The checksum is E946727CEB34C56AA27F80820A278EAB, Use the checksum program at http://www.irnis.net/soft/acsv/ to check you have an uncorrupted copy of the file. Burn the firmware to a disc and follow the instructions below, they're different to the ones on my site. No need to use a dummy file with this firmware,

Feel free to ask any questions,

Sasquatch

DVD-550SD software mod

1. Connect the DVD player to your display device
2. Power up the DVD player
3. Using the remote control, type in 9876 then press the "search mode" button on the bottom left of the remote
4. when the tray opens, put in the mod disc and close the tray
5. wait for the reading, erasing and programming process to complete (approx 5
minutes wait)
6. When the tray opens, take out the disc but DO NOT CLOSE THE TRAY
7. Unplug the DVD from the mains (do not close tray), wait a few seconds then plug back into socket.
7. The software update is now complete.

so say someone is stupid enough to close the tray, what then?

like for example if it was saying "MECH ERROR" when it was switched back on...

not that i did that you understand...

im tempted to take the lid off and poke around, putting the tray back outside then switching on...

and thoughts anyone? spare me the abuse please though

Getting my denon tom but just wanted to confirm how to do the firmware upgrade for multiregion
ive got the firmware and created a dummy file as described
What i want to know is do i burn them in Nero as a data disk on cd
Many thx

Anyone Knows Where Can I Get Dht 500sd's Ir Files For Crestron Modules, Please..i Am Currently Installing A Crestron Network And I Have A Lot Of Probs Concerning The Ir Files Modules. Someone Please Help Me

im tempted to take the lid off and poke around, putting the tray back outside then switching on...

All I can say is - WHY?!

The instructions work, why mess about with it otherwise....

Does anyone know where to find the ADV-500SD hack now? The "leedsdig" address doesn't seem to work anymore.

Same for me ...Need the one for ADV-500SD...the link is not available anymore

Sorry for never replying, just got a PM from someone so it reminded me of this very old thread. I don't have the firmware anymore unfortunately, the website stayed up for ages after I cancelled the account but they must have finally noticed.

Perhaps someone else in the thread will be able to help you. My own DHT500 is still ticking along FWIW. I bought the firmware from avland.co.uk so they may be worth contacting also

If anyone else still has this firmware upgrade on disc please PM me.

urgently required....:thumbsup:

many thanks

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom